Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny how this thread is going to be about "omg how can Doyle fold, wtf?" and if Jaime had J9ss instead of 97ss it would be "omg, Doyle is the best player ever". Either way I think you got to at least call against Jaime. I could definitely understand folding against some of the other players at the table, but not Jaime.

Esfandiari calling Sammy's A9 and Doyle's flush fold was pretty sick. He's not like Negreanu, who just says random stuff every hand and everyone just remembers when he's right.

Couple of nice folds by Sammy. He might appear as a psycho, but he does know when to fold at least.

Great episode I thought. Can't wait for the next one!

---------------

can NOT believe Doyle did not call in that spot. first, he can' simply call the bet on the turn, not expecting another big bet on the river. so the only reason he didin't call, in my opinion, is that he KNEW that he would be playing for all of his 500K and simply didin't want to put all his money in. He had the third nuts against GOLD, a bad player who bluffs way too many times... but it comes down to this: almost everyone is playing 'scared' except for Guy who is a billionaire and 500K is not like $5 to you and me. Doyle was right when he said in the preview that everyone at the table is playing above their limits, except for Guy....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact that this hand was against Gold made it even more impressive from Doyle. I looked at Doyle's play as shockingly good, and impressive. He knows Gold is a frequent bluffer. But he read Gold to want a call, which Gold did, Doyle put him on flush, and most flushes beat him. I do think he may not have considered that Gold overvalues hands, but nonetheless I am impressed by his good read.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is very situational and Daniel's decisions were not the same.

Some hands, the gus hand comes to mind, were simply coolers.
Some, like Edogs hand, he could have gotten away from.

Again, people are not saying Doyles fold was the worst one ever made, but it was incorrect based on the fact it was Jamie Gold and the how the board read.

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE DOYLE DOESNT MAKE MISTAKES HES [censored] TEXAS DOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 THE ONLY PERSON DOYLE CANT BEAT IS CHIP REESE!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:46 PM

has gold ever made a speech before a bluff? just level 1 reverse psychology from gold it seems like
Old 11-08-2007, 06:48 PM

How about when Daniel called off 40k preflop with QJ suited? Was that a mistake?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about when Daniel called off 40k preflop with QJ suited? Was that a mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you subscribe to there are certain hands that you never call with then i'm sure you can present an argument that would be convincing to the rest of the players who subscribe to the same thinking. however, DN is more than capable of playing any two cards expertly, therefore, criticizing his preflop calls is futile.

more info would be needed. i can't remember a JQo call by him last season. or how about do you know the episode number of the hand you're talking about?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
has gold ever made a speech before a bluff? just level 1 reverse psychology from gold it seems like

[/ QUOTE ]

i see what you're going for. but just like us these pros have all watched how he played the 06 ME and i'm sure that they all can remember what he did to prahlad and a few others that he talked and acted during his bluffs.

as i've said before, this guy is running through his BR. he's losing all over the country. doyle can afford to let him have a few bucks knowing that when he's ready he can take a big bite out of Jamie.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:05 PM

he mostly told the truth during the 06 ME. so he would be stupid to tell the truth at this point...
Old 11-08-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Again, people are not saying Doyles fold was the worst one ever made, but it was incorrect based on the fact it was Jamie Gold and the how the board read.

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE DOYLE DOESNT MAKE MISTAKES HES [censored] TEXAS DOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 THE ONLY PERSON DOYLE CANT BEAT IS CHIP REESE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiousity, do you cry yourself to sleep every night? These players are soooo bad, and you're soooo good and yet they have so much more money then you. I bet it hurts real bad to get as unlucky as you (why else aren't you up there).
Old 11-08-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiousity, do you cry yourself to sleep every night? These players are soooo bad, and you're soooo good and yet they have so much more money then you. I bet it hurts real bad to get as unlucky as you (why else aren't you up there).

[/ QUOTE ]

nope i sleep like a baby b/c im 22 and make $400+/hr playing a game. thx for your concern though
Old 11-08-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you subscribe to there are certain hands that you never call with then i'm sure you can present an argument that would be convincing to the rest of the players who subscribe to the same thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Insight into the mind of a donator.