Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2006, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Deadwood- Season 3 First Episode

Hearst was killing off one of the Cornish guys, who apparently was trying to organize a union inside his mine.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:11 PM

So Hearst had no ulterior motive in trying to manipulate either Swearengen or the sheriff?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:13 PM

Ok, great episode, but I will be the first to break the ice with a complaint.

Did not Mrs. Bullock's attitude seem bizarre for a woman who just lost her only son? It was out of character. But that's as nitty as I can manage.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:14 PM

I'm sure there was some ulterior motive, but I don't know if I know what it is yet. Picking The Gem to kill the guy in can't be a coincidence. Maybe Hearst knows that Swearengen and Bullock are allied against him, and knew that if he did it at The Gem it would be less likely to be thorougly pursued? I really don't know.....
Old 06-12-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just remembered my question about the episode. I didn't exactly follow the point of the murder. At first, I thought Hearst set it up to make sure that sheriff would question Swearengen closely. But later, it seemed that Hearst wanted the matter dropped.

Can anyone clarify?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Al was saying that if Hearst orchestrated the murder and then could persuade Bullock to look the other way it would turn things to his favor as far as power in the town was concerned.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:21 PM

Location: There\'s no real \"evidence\" for it but it is scientific fact

It seems like he was using it to test both Swearengen and Bullock by seeing how they'd react (i.e. whether Bullock was prepared to turn a blind eye to it and whether Al was shrewd enough to see it as an insult). Great episode though, this series should be awesome.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:21 PM

Not really she still was wearing all black when she went to school and picked up the sophia from elsworth.

Is anyone else surprised by how they have changed elsworth so much now that he looks like a more standup guy in the community since he was first asked by bullock to survey the widows land way back in season 1.

Also, I think Hearst and Swearanger will get calmed down by a new arrival or something to switch it up. Maybe Tolivers death from his stabbing or something along those lines will both steer them more towards business ventures than personal grudge matches.

Did anyone else laugh their ass off when going to bullocks house he announced himself as Albert Swearanger first time I recall hearing him as albert.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:42 PM

A few thoughts:

Hearst orchestrated that murder in the Gem bcause 1.) They were forming a union and he absolutely did not want that. 2) To test Bullock and to see if he can be bought and/or look the other way 3.) To impose his will on Al Swearengen.

Man, Bullock's temper is amusing. He kicked the crap out of EB. I thought that kind of funny because it is about time his big mouth got him in trouble and because Swearengen never did it first. However, Bullock tipped Hearst off to the affair. If Eb did tell, Al would have known it right away and killed him. You can tell from Hearsts reaction, right after Bullock got pissed over the perceived insinuation that Bullock in effect "spilled the beans".

For me the funniest part of the whole episode was when Jane was asked to describe her time as a tracker for Custer to the schools children............ "Custer was a C-nt, the end" I almost spit up what I was drinking at the time.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:30 PM

I've never seen or heard of Deadwood. Should I buy the first two dvd series?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:35 PM

Location: There\'s no real \"evidence\" for it but it is scientific fact

Do it now, and don't look back