Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Some bluffs!

i love hand 1, f the haters.

hand 2 is pretty abysmal, i find myself getting cr'd every time in that spot on the turn. unless he is a total tagfish retard you are getting called and you are way behind obv, and he can always c/r with a draw here.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2 is pretty abysmal, i find myself getting cr'd every time in that spot on the turn. unless he is a total tagfish retard you are getting called and you are way behind obv, and he can always c/r with a draw here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree completely with regards to the second hand, especially the part bolded. Why is he terrible if he folds? I don't see why my line would be viewed as weak or bluffy, it's very consistent with various made hands I would play exactly the same. I also don't think anybody sane checkraises the turn with a draw, considering I have only $140 or so behind.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:54 AM

If you are villain in hand one what can you call with? I think the rest of the hand is pretty good, but I just dont like the flop peel. If spades show up on turn and he fires again are you raising? What would you be repping besides turned 2pr, turned big draw? I still dont get why the flop call isnt -EV, unless its some meta I can peel any flop with any pair I float alot crap.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are villain in hand one what can you call with? I think the rest of the hand is pretty good, but I just dont like the flop peel. If spades show up on turn and he fires again are you raising? What would you be repping besides turned 2pr, turned big draw? I still dont get why the flop call isnt -EV, unless its some meta I can peel any flop with any pair I float alot crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop call is good because I'm ahead of his range and can still improve if I don't have the best hand at the moment. If a spade peels and he fires again, I'd probably just call. But this guy is cbetting nearly his entire CO opening range, which given his stats is likely pretty massive. You think he's only betting this flop with top pair or second pair? That's definitely not the case. Yes he will put me in some tough turn spots, but I don't have a read that suggests he is insane, so I think he gives up on the turn a good amount.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:35 AM

I really don't like 1 since I don't really see what you're repping aside from exactly JT. I would look you up here light.

I don't care for hand 2 but I think your turn bet is good given that he just flatted the flop raise. I would expect him to b3bai with a FD/set/2pr since he donked the flop. If he does have a bare FD, he pretty much has to dump it since in his mind he can't have any fold equity, and he folds AJ here usually I would think.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:03 AM

Well, in hand one, now that I think about it, I really dont like it, since when he checks the turn, you are firing and he is calling sometimes, so now you have put in two bets, and then you are tempted to shove river as a bluff, which you did, all based on some speculative flop call which is prob -EV
Old 10-25-2007, 06:18 AM

dont like 1...2 could be OK w/ history but not a huge fan of it vs an unknown.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like 1 since I don't really see what you're repping aside from exactly JT. I would look you up here light.

I don't care for hand 2 but I think your turn bet is good given that he just flatted the flop raise. I would expect him to b3bai with a FD/set/2pr since he donked the flop. If he does have a bare FD, he pretty much has to dump it since in his mind he can't have any fold equity, and he folds AJ here usually I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the 2nd bluff would get an Ace to fold the first time you do this, with no history. But I wouldn't try this line again as a bluff.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree completely with regards to the second hand, especially the part bolded. Why is he terrible if he folds? I don't see why my line would be viewed as weak or bluffy, it's very consistent with various made hands I would play exactly the same. I also don't think anybody sane checkraises the turn with a draw, considering I have only $140 or so behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

before i reply to the above, hand 1 is awesome - those who think otherwise don't have enough variation in their games or don't play against people who vary their games.

now: i already know the results since you are so vehemently defending this play, but it is a [censored] terrible play to donk out on the flop, call a raise, and c/f turn. so much of your range are bluffs in that spot - you're not floating with hands that can't stand any heat, you are raising with them. furthermore, if he has a weakish hand, wouldn't he at least want to call your c-bet or c/r it, rather than donking out into the flop and making NOTHING on the occasions you just give up?

so as i said, unless he is a terrible tagfish who can't think ahead, you should be c/r'd ai a fair amount here super wide, and yes, some of that will include draws.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:59 PM

1. if hes good he snap calls with a K
2. 99% sure he checkraised allin here.