Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 06:52 AM

Default Fighting FPS : a strategy exchange

Hi all,
after sustainable beating the 55sp 4-tabling and my journeys to 109 (4-tabling) and 215 (2-tabling) are going well (though I think that I am still to bad to beat them on the long run) I really suffer FPS at the 55sp.

I am making all the bad things I knew better just because I don't take people any serious anymore. So I start calling down hands with second pair, play garbage preflop etc., just thinking I can outplay the people anyway (and I can't!, I am giving away all my advantage (and ROI) by that... you know this problem? How do you fight this syndrom?

I had this FPS-problem from my first cash-game on and still get it in every NL cash game, but the SnG-tourneys with the opportunity of playing a lot of hands late in the tourney helped me out.

For example I tried to put a sticker at my monitor with "stop FPS" on or a crossed out "FPS"... you have other/better ideas?

thx in advance
Old 07-18-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Fighting FPS : a strategy exchange

Put an elastic and around rour wrist.

When FPS happens or is about to happen, twang it againt your wrist so it stings a little.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Fighting FPS : a strategy exchange

Noodleman suggested that a good solution to FPS is to have me sit next to you and berate you for all of your stupid FPS [censored]. I'm available to do this at a very reasonable rate.

Also, you could just have some [censored] discipline. It's not difficult. Play smart, basic sng poker and make money. It's not complicated.