Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: A Seif Bet - for those who still believe a word he, or AP, says

Alright, just maybe AP was running a little short on the budget and couldn't afford the services of this little puppy:

What and where is it?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddet...mp;catid=23795#

For 99.99$ a lot of this mess could have totally been avoided. Considering the fine for deleting one hand history is about 1 grand, they could have bought ten of these for each hand that went into the trashcan.

Note:: I am not affiliated with Futureshop, and/or AP, and/or Mark Seif in any way...
Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 PM

I really think everyone should boycot AP, i would love it as i am just hating them and seif more and more after each post i read and posts by them, and seeing how they denied it all in the beginning. Sort of reminds me of prison break how they got the gov. just killed random people and got away with it. hopefully this will be different!
Old 10-30-2007, 08:31 PM

From an interview with Mark Seif, July 2005:
http://www.pokernews.com/news/2005/0...-spotlight.htm

[ QUOTE ]
PN: Did the heads up matches you played at AbsolutePoker.com assist you in any way?

MS: (Laughs again) I don't know if it did or not! I think I lost about 70% of those matches that I played there. It was funny because it became a running joke there, that I have a great heads up record in face to face competition, but online I was getting clobbered! But I am very happy to play there at AbsolutePoker and I am proud to be associated with them as their Director of Operations.

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma! The shooters don't even know! Don't you get it? F*ck, man!" - David Ferrie, JFK
Old 10-30-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, nobody who plays against Mark wants him to get in trouble for obvious reasons. So if the players want him to stay, those of us who don't play him should let it be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok,I get this logic. Because cheaters are poor players, we should keep them in business.

Now my question is, so when do you know when he is NOT cheating? Be careful when you answer that, because it's important.

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer your question when do you know he is NOT cheating, I suppose when he's losing 10k to one of the regular 2+2 players who post here about how great and fishy AP is.

From all the pro Seif replies I've seen, they seem to be posters who play HL at AP vs the biggest fish there Mark Seif. I'm thinking if they are fine with him, then why shouldn't I be, someone who doesn't play there.

Protecting a fish is not unheard of. I really don't care one way or the other though. I'm all for finding the truth. Just throwing it out there why maybe so many are defending him.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM

Hang on, AP has to pay $1k for every HH under 5 yrs old that they've deleted? Doesn't this render them busto?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hang on, AP has to pay $1k for every HH under 5 yrs old that they've deleted? Doesn't this render them busto?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rule says the KGC MAY impose the fines, it doesn't have to - and nothing will force it either way except PR. The fine can be far greater than $1k too - a million dollars per offence if I recall correctly.

Possibly, it can only apply that rule back to when it took over the license and server hosting for AP, which was just over a year ago. Perhaps the KGC insisted the rule (#245) applied to all the records AP already had - only they know.

Doesn't really matter though; the KGC could only 'bust AP' if AP wasn't hiding behind a dozen shell companies operating out of Costa Rica.

Still, don't worry about AP. Those 10%-interest-paying player accounts will surely help...
Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, nobody who plays against Mark wants him to get in trouble for obvious reasons. So if the players want him to stay, those of us who don't play him should let it be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok,I get this logic. Because cheaters are poor players, we should keep them in business.

Now my question is, so when do you know when he is NOT cheating? Be careful when you answer that, because it's important.

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer your question when do you know he is NOT cheating, I suppose when he's losing 10k to one of the regular 2+2 players who post here about how great and fishy AP is.

From all the pro Seif replies I've seen, they seem to be posters who play HL at AP vs the biggest fish there Mark Seif. I'm thinking if they are fine with him, then why shouldn't I be, someone who doesn't play there.

Protecting a fish is not unheard of. I really don't care one way or the other though. I'm all for finding the truth. Just throwing it out there why maybe so many are defending him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because poker will not be fun for everyone after selfish fks like ike ruin it for us.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 PM

Well, if anyone really wants to make give Seif a hard time, you could report him (and his ownership stake in Absolute) to the State bar association (of wherever he is licensed as an attorney) and let them determine whether his ownership of Absolute is unlawful or worthy of getting him disbarred.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how many different excuses have they come up with for the missing hand histories? The more [contradicting] stories that they tell, the more obvious it is that they are not being entirely truthful. It's a shame there isn't a hand history of Seif folding out of turn to his opponent's K9 full house...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if anyone really wants to make give Seif a hard time, you could report him (and his ownership stake in Absolute) to the State bar association (of wherever he is licensed as an attorney) and let them determine whether his ownership of Absolute is unlawful or worthy of getting him disbarred.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an attorney in St. Louis, MO. Mr. Seif's ownership of AP is not related to any practice of law and not a basis for disbarment or any other discipline. However, proof of stealing by seeing opponents hole cards might be grounds for discipline based on immoral activity. However, a criminal conviction would be needed and still might result in some punishment short of disbarrment. Of course, if he did this to a legal client, then he would likely be disbarred, but again, a criminal conviction is the needed proof. In other words, don't hold your breath.