Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Y would u think Guy is dumb? He knows what he did and equity/EV or anything else for that matter is nonexistent in his poker game. He plays for fun and is such a nice guy that the last thing he wanted to do was deal a great financial blow to someone who otherwise is a nice guy also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heartwarming but depressing at the same time. The supposedly largest high stakes poker game ever played becoming a play money fest and its biggest pot influenced by the opponents' diverging financial status, which is exactly the thing that table stakes poker is supposed to neutralize. I'd like to think that if the stake meant that much to me that I'd either 1) not show up and play 1) not shove allin with the nut flush draw OR 3) not accept Guy's charity. Seems lame to have it all ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the roles were reversed it definitely would have been different and I think Guy knows that. I sort of view the whole debaucle as a sort of angleshoot in some way. Not the hand in particular but the game in general. Guy was definitely exploited here for having so much money and playing against people who otherwise are playing above their heads.

It is extremely lame to have it all ways. What has poker come to where a guy can push all in like DB did, get caught a dog in a huuugge pot, and have Guy say forget the extra 120K you raised before you tried to semi-bluff me for my hard earned money.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone post how the hand went down?

[/ QUOTE ]
DB: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
GL: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Farha bets $12,000
DB raises to $40,000
GL reraises to $165,000
DB reraises allin for ~600K total
GL calls

they dont do a turn and river and guy collects the 12+40+40+pf
Old 11-21-2007, 07:11 PM

Where can we find that leaked episode ?

Or is this illigal ?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:15 PM

first db asks how many times there are going to run it. gl says once. after some thought guy offers him to just play for whats in the pot, db says ok. then after some more thought guy offers to take whats in the pot already. db says ok to that too. soo lame
Old 11-21-2007, 07:42 PM

obv Guy figured it was a coin flip and believes he made out like a bandit scooping 70k...

and why they keep saying theres 5 mill in play...should be 5.5 if Gold busted?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:53 PM

but whatever that foundation is for the people receiving the money probably need it more than Degenyamine.

i mean i just dont get the point fom showing mercy for someone like degenyamine, sure hes prolly a nice guy but theres thousands of kids ina frican that u could help so much with that money and degenyamine jsut gonna blowm it away anyway...
Old 11-21-2007, 07:55 PM

yeah i thought of that too but he obv thought he was going to lose and thats 600k already going to the charity that wouldnt if he lost the pot.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:56 PM

and ffs who shoves a flushdraw against someone like guy, did he expect him to ay down KJ if thats what he had? well maybe he would have but would he really 3b flop with that? i mean why on earth shove a draw there? terrible play, especially against that type of player.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obv Guy figured it was a coin flip and believes he made out like a bandit scooping 70k...

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy knew he was a favorite.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:10 PM

He genuinely seemed like he felt bad for DB. The look on DB's face was sick. At first Guy didn't even want to run it twice, but then he saw DB and let him take his money back!!!!