Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Default KQ with a nice draw

Villain is your average player, 30/15/3, but with an attempt to steal of 40. Obv he has been stealing a lot.

My image = normal, nothing special really. Kind of tight.

I usually reraise against a blindstealer pre-flop, but my plan here was to CR lots of flop instead. But when I flop such a nice hand, I decide to just call and let him bluff or maybe I can outdraw him if I am behind.

His turn bet kind of worries me, it's sort of big, but then again, he is stealing lots and might think I am on a draw and bet to fold me out.

Also, I have lots of outs against most hands but sets.

So - like this CRAI?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.50/$1 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

<u>Hero (SB): $140.95</u>
BB: $185.60
UTG: $84.55
CO: $93.35
<u>BTN: $73.80</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.50</font>, Hero calls $3.00, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($8) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($20) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $16.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $131.45[/color
Old 05-16-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: KQ with a nice draw

Youre not representing anything very well. In theese spots i like to c/r the flop and try to get all in, and slow down on turn if called.

Edit: Just call the turn and c/f when you dont improve, since you are throwing away alot of your current showdown value by pushing.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:11 PM

This looks pretty good to me. Although the flop came down one suit, your opponent seems to have many pair/draw hands in his range at this point that you beat. Also, villain has few enough chips where CRAI makes sense. If he has a full stack or more and assuming you c/c flop, a turn lead is a good option as c/r is too pot committing and folding out of worse hands and c/c is losing a lot of value when he checks behind.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:15 PM

I'd continue with your plan and raise the flop, although calling is OK since you have the flush draw covered (unlikely he has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) and can extract value on later streets from a bluff.

I don't really like shoving the turn since you don't get many calls from stuff you beat, and you don't fold much that you don't. I'd prefer a smaller raise for value. Min-raising the turn for value (and calling shove) here is really quite a good play, since you may induce a shove if you're ahead of his range, and if you're not, you have outs, plus get value if he calls with a worse diamond. You could also call the turn and donk any river, or just check-call river if you think he'll bluff at it.