Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

didnt go to the gym for a week cause i was home from school etc...wow do you regress fast
Old 10-11-2007, 06:41 PM

I think I'm just going to go there (PCA) to chill out. dont think im going to play in the main event.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:31 PM

I'm pretty much a lurker, so I don't know who would want to listen to me moaning, but whatever, i'm to [censored] emo to care.

I've had a great relationship for a little less than 5 years now, lived together for 2 years until this summer, I pretty much love this girl to death. I moved to another city late august to pursue my goal of becoming a jazz musician, studying at the best school in my country. We had a great understanding before this, and we both wanted me to move and keep seeing each other all the time. We are both studying to become musicians, so she was glad on my behalf, and I would never ask her to move away from what was the best place for her at the time.

Now I'm on a visit at our old place, to be with her for the weekend, after having a really busy couple of months for both of us. I just arrived 6 hours ago, and it's been the worst 6 hours of my life. I've always been very emotional, and I confronted her with the lack of affection she had been showing the last weeks, we talked on the phone maybe 1-2 times a week, and she didn't really say she missed me. To be fair, she has had a lot of work to do, and I really didn't confront her in a hostile way, I just expressed that I've had a rough time missing her so much and not recieving any signs of that from her. She said she was aware, and sorry, and that she wanted to include me more on a daily basis. However I sensed something wasn't right, and for the first time in a long time I managed to get her to open up completely to me, and she surprised herself by saying "I think you love me more than i love you".

She does really love me, although not in the romantical sense as of recently, and really had a hard time saying this. She had been living in denial, trying to provoke her own feelings for me, because she really wanted it to work out, but it turns out that love has faded. She's been kind of acting for the last part of our relationship, hoping for it to pass, without really admitting it to herself.

I feel like [censored]. I care so much about this girl that I don't know what to do, she's probably my best friend as well, and that just makes it worse. Conflicting thoughts, feelings and pain makes my stomach want to leap out of my mouth. I had no idea how much a broken heart could physically hurt. On top of that I've grown close to her family, and I don't want to let any of this go.

I'm staying with her until monday. Then it's off to Paris for a week before returning to my exile in the other town. She told me she didn't want to try to fix this now, as she's afraid she'll fool herself again, and she's tired of trying to provoke feelings, and I respect that. I'm so torn up inside. I love her so much I just want her to be happy, but I would give anything for her love, and at the same time I'm terrified of losing her friendship. She's here for me now, as a best friend, and I want her comfort, but it's so painful. Roller coaster of feelings. I'm such a mess now.

I haven't found the strength to tell my best friends and family yet, will do it in the morning. God, time is passing so horribly slow at the moment. I wish I could just go to sleep, but I can't, and I'm so much not looking forward to waking up tomorrow. I haven't eaten since breakfast, but I instantly lost all appetite, I can't even finish my beer. I think I'll take a shot at some of the good whiskey I left behind when I moved. I almost wish I won't wake up tomorrow. (No, I'm not going to do anything rash). And man, how I wish my best buds were living in this city. I don't know why I'm telling you all this, I just had to get it out somehow...
Old 10-11-2007, 08:13 PM

I read that all, stone. not sure what to say but sounds rough. Where do you live?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
of all of them, why would u try and sat into probably your lowest ROI% live donkament all year?
(by which i mean, its full of 2p2ers)

i'll be there jsut to hang out, whether i play or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Looking to sat into a nice vacation and experience. I have never played in a large live event. Winning any money would be a bonus.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:37 PM

I'm really sorry dude, that sounds rough. Wish I had some advice but I'm obv clueless on anything having to do with women so all I can do is offer sympathies. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 08:48 PM

I love goofy
Old 10-11-2007, 08:52 PM

[censored] stone, sounds like hell. I could spew a bunch of cliches at you, but these days I think the cliche thing to do is spew a bunch of cliches and say 'they're cliches because they're true', but now that's way too cliched.

There's nothing anyone can really say to help, but venting was definitely a good move. You have our sympathies.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:55 PM

Sorry to hear that. I've never experienced heartbreak like that so I can't imagine what its like. However, I do know that Paris has some [censored] smoking looking chicks. I went there last year and it was literally (as Orange would say) BONER TIME every time I left the hotel.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:00 PM

Ugh that blows stone. Having your heart ripped out is so [censored] lame.

I don't really know what to say, just try to occupy your mind with other things. Time is a great healer and will definitely show you the reality of things.

GL and continue to post in the life thread.
Closed Thread