FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: AKs
Yes 8 50.00%
No 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Flop decision: what now??

<font color="blue">While this hand is from a higher-stakes game than you're used to playing, I'll give you the setup so that you can think it through the way I did.

The table is interesting. UTG (the guy on my immediate right) is a complete imbecile: over a bit more than 400 hands, he's running 51/9 preflop and 1.7 postflop. He's also losing money at about $1 per hand, so he's not exactly doing a great job of it. The rest of the table is made up of decently good players with TAG or sLAG stats: all have VPIPs under 30, all have PFR's over 10, all are gunning for the guy on my right. Of course, I've got the best position in the house....

I sat down at the table fifteen minutes ago. I've gotten involved in very few hands. I've been caught stealing once in a blind-vs-blind situation but I only lost a little cash in the process. I haven't been involved in any serious shakeups yet.</font>

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $115.10
BB: $135.50
UTG: $104.65
Pokey (MP): $104.45
CO: $105.50
BTN: $104.40

Preflop: Pokey is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.00</font>, Pokey calls $2.00, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds

<font color="blue">People aren't really reraising much on this table; I think they're holding out for better implied odds against UTG since he seems so bad at the game, and also trying to keep pots small when he's folded.

Against his raising range I'm probably behind, so a reraise would be imprudent. However, the implied odds are absolutely gorgeous here, so I'm willing to limp it. If I get a three-bet behind me I'll have to dump the hand, but sometimes you've got to gamble, right?</font>

Flop: ($7.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Pokey bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $17.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $102.65</font>, Pokey has a decision to make.

<font color="blue">An absolutely glorious flop for me: I've got the nut flush draw, the open-ended straight draw, and two overcards to the board. The preflop raiser checks, so I make a smallish bet to try and build a pot and disguise my hand for if-and-when I hit. CO (a decent TAG who runs 18/13 preflop and has a postflop aggression of nearly 5) makes a nearly pot-sized reraise to $17. UTG now wakes up and -- after checking the flop -- three-bets all-in. It's almost $100 to me, the pot has almost $130 in it, I'm all-in if I call, and there's still a player to act behind me who also has me covered. What to do, what to do?</font>

NOTE: your answer to the poll is basically unimportant, other than for idle curiosity. Much more interesting and important will be your reasoning why.