Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 AM

Default No Limit Triple Draw question?

Before anyone asks where this is played, it is a home game.
Fairly high stakes ($10 blind/$500 buy-in)...dealers choice (HE,O8, 7stud 8ob, and many other crazy games...all played no limit)...stacks can grow to 5k+ by nights end. Please, no comments about the insanity of playing these games NL.

Anyway, we are playing triple draw low, Ace to Five.

After a moderate $25 bet preflop, I draw two to 3-4-5.

I Catch a deuce, king.

Early position player goes all in for $900! (he has me slightly covered) into a maybe $125 pot max. Everyone at the table drew two+ cards. However, I'm about 99% sure he has a weak 8, probably 8-7 or 8-6 AT BEST.

With two draws to my 2-3-4-5, is it a good call? I assume an A,6,7 are definitely good, and an 8 is most likely good. Also, bear in mind players behind me already indicated they were folding, so I wasn't worried about anyone else.

I figured it was about 50/50 to call, with the dead money probably I had positive EV, but didn't really feel like gambling.

Comments, esp from KidBundles and Noxious Nuts!

Manku
Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: No Limit Triple Draw question?

I figured it was about 50/50 to call, with the dead money probably I had positive EV, but didn't really feel like gambling.

Sounds about right. Calling here would be an advertising move. He's trying to shut out the action. Folding may provide positive reinforcement for this move, giving you a shot at his stack later. Calling might get the game's juices flowing.

If there are a lot of early all-ins, TD and hi-lo stud become kinda boring--I'd rather play them pot limit.