Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Tilt 300r vs Negroblanco

[ QUOTE ]
i heard negroblanco has yellow fever, thus resulting in offspring of amarillonegroblanco

get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, this needs to get stickied on every forum. I believe that everyone's winrate would double upon reading this incredible piece of strategy advice.

IMO
Old 11-15-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that i'd been mostly raising the SB, i don't think he's really expecting a complete from an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would reach the opposite conclusion, if you've been mostly raising and then complete, I'd think you have a much better than average hand. I think your line looks like a weak A, which means he thinks you're calling, which means he can beat your hand. The river bet size, after getting called on the turn, looks like a big hand. I'd fold.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given that i'd been mostly raising the SB, i don't think he's really expecting a complete from an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would reach the opposite conclusion, if you've been mostly raising and then complete, I'd think you have a much better than average hand. I think your line looks like a weak A, which means he thinks you're calling, which means he can beat your hand. The river bet size, after getting called on the turn, looks like a big hand. I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding
Old 11-15-2007, 03:04 PM

Scary bet of $1300 on 4th. With history you've given, would be inclined to think villain suspects you on strong Q or weak A and is looking for value. Would suspect he has Q9 here.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:31 PM

This is a snap call imo. He has Q9 or a bluff, no other hands really make sense assuming he is competent and isn't raising Q6 or Q4 on the flop
Old 11-15-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you think he's bluffing that often? we only beat a bluff... if he's value betting it's gonna beat A2. i can't imagine he's going crazy with air on the flop here.. maybe JT? i guess he'll have air sometimes but it's kinda unlikely he continues with it on all 3 streets, i think i might like folding the turn.. but after calling turn i still doubt we're good after the river shove.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2007, 07:50 PM

hi bond,

first of all let me stipulate you fellas are way better than me at this, but i have a question relating to this situation. your M ~ 26 and you have every tool at your disposal.

why do you ever even consider playing for stax with one pr, no kicker in an unraised pot ??? it just looks like a testosterone laden penile flash down here.

bb has cr'd the flop, 3/4 potted the turn and over jammed the river. he's either totally FOS or representing he's FOS on the river and you are crushed. why expose yourself to a decision like this where i cannot imagine you are making anything other than a guess for all your chips?

there has got to be way better spots to play for stax this deep.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:47 PM

callcallcallcall. seems like hes puttin u on draw.either q9 or ur good.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This all within ~30-40 minutes leading up to this hand. Given that i'd been mostly raising the SB, i don't think he's really expecting a complete from an A.

[/ QUOTE ]
without commenting on whether or not I think this is a call vs me.... this is def way too first level. I'd totally expect you to be completing A's here some % of the time