Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Re: 30/60 stat check

[ QUOTE ]
You are still going to showdown about 34% and I would suspect your fold to river bet is about 37%. Based on that I would think that a normal W$@SD would be about 56%, so you are more likely to be running hot than anything else

[/ QUOTE ]

My folds to a river bet is 40.2%. Maybe this is why my showdown stats are so good? So I'm not running good, I'm actually costing myself by folding too much perhaps?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are still going to showdown about 34% and I would suspect your fold to river bet is about 37%. Based on that I would think that a normal W$@SD would be about 56%, so you are more likely to be running hot than anything else

[/ QUOTE ]

My folds to a river bet is 40.2%. Maybe this is why my showdown stats are so good? So I'm not running good, I'm actually costing myself by folding too much perhaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I don't think that's too high of a folded to river bet %.

Rob
Old 03-19-2006, 03:44 AM

Yes, but I would not change anything if I where you considering the bb/100 you are having. But it would be the first place I would look if things would start to go south for you.
Nice to see a "technical analysis post" from a winner.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think what you said about you folding extra losing hands and calling with extra winning hands is the correct reason for the high W$@SD stat. that's what hand reading is
Old 03-19-2006, 02:48 PM

Paluka,

That W$SD% is very high. Also, your fold to river bet seems very high to me. You must be very good at folding decent hands that are losers on the river.

Under the more detail tab, can you check to see what your W$SD% are when you bet/raise the river and when you just call the river?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think what you said about you folding extra losing hands and calling with extra winning hands is the correct reason for the high W$@SD stat. that's what hand reading is

[/ QUOTE ]

W$SD isn't actually that strongly related to Folded to River bet. For example, thus far in 2006, my W$SD is 52.6% and my folded to river bet is 35.4%.

If I folded to a river bet 40% of the time instead of 35.4% of the time and every single one of those extra folds was with a hand that would have lost (unlikely), then my W$SD would go up all the way to 54.4%.

W#SD, certainly, has something to do with how many good, "tough" folds you make. But it also has a lot to do with playing style.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:51 PM

your small blind vpip is very low.... this is a common leak for players who play well postflop. They are able to play more hands profitably in the sb yet they choose not to.

You could probably get it to arround 40%.

Also, as its been said, you can steal more easily.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everything looks good. Your W$@SD is unsustainably high given your WtSD. When your W$@SD falls back to earth, I'd expect your bb/100 to decline.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know. it's very possible he just reads hands that well. 35 wtsd for full ring is pretty low

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 40k hands at 20-40 I was a 34.5/59.9 and I won 2 bb/100. BK and Gonores both told me with that W$sd # I might be getting run over. I think Paluka is right, if you read hands well, and fold when you know you should fold, then its not a bloated #.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:13 PM

wow, your numbers are super similiar to my fullring numbers. the only difference is i steal at about 39%.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:15 PM

haha. clearly you hang out with deathdonkey.