Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 08:43 PM

Default PL: Nut flush draw + gutshot on 1-lo flop

My read on the table was that it was weak overall with a tendency towards weak-tight play. I was making more money stealing pots in position than trying to get hands shown down (but I'd also not really flopped anything big).
Yet when hands were shown down I'd often see weak holdings.

Given my read of the table (which includes a lot of fold equity, even though everyones seen me stealing heaps), do you think a line of potting this on the flop + c-betting pot on 100% of turns is more profitable than calling and hoping to hit.
How about raising and taking a free card if I don't improve?
My read on the villain's small bet was that he had a hand worth betting but he wasn't in love with, and I was basically certain he'd at least call my flop raise, if not my turn second barrel.

PL $0.10/$0.25, Party, 8-way
Stack sizes:
UTG: $58.35
MP1: $27.43
CO: $6.75
hero: $24.40
SB: $13.17
BB: $13.13

Pre-flop: (8 players) hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.5, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.5</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero?</font>
Old 10-24-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: PL: Nut flush draw + gutshot on 1-lo flop

FOLD THIS HAND PRE!!!!... these type of hands are not worth playing, and will only cause you trouble, to play this,,, even in position u at least need the 7 to be a 5, and even then its very very marginal.

As played, i personally raise the flop, while that does leave you open to a possible re-raise, i just cant help semi bluffing with decent hands, especially when two big cards come on a hi/lo flop. As long as a re--raise doesnt occur, this does allow you to take a free card on the turn, and to extrace max possilbe value if a K or club comes off, esepcially that by raising the flop it makes it much harder to put u on a flush draw, and if hero calls with a lower flush draws this play greatly increases you chances of being paid off, and who knows u might just take the pot here and now!!...

BUT YES DONT PLAY THESE HANDS PRE-FLOP, there not good and will only get u in trouble!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: PL: Nut flush draw + gutshot on 1-lo flop

I'll just point out, normally I play really tightly preflop (unless on tilt), in fact, too tight. But last night the table seemed unusually-weak tight. I started limping marginal hands and stealing pots, and making money from it (whereas I was still on my orginal starting stack before making that change, I hadn't picked up any big hands).
Hence my questionable PF call [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]