Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack

Old 07-12-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Don\'t even know my affiliate...

This is a pretty messed up situation, and I will try to keep it as short as possible.

Basically, the only reason i signed up on ftp was because i could get rakeback on it through the site i've gone through for rakeback since Jan. 2005. So, somehow, whether it was clicking the wrong link, or not deleting my cookies, I am some how NOT under the affiliate I intended, but another NON-Rakeback affiliate named "greatsilverwyrm"

It took me about 5 emails just to get ftp to tell me
A. they dont switch non-rb accounts to rb accounts
B. The affiliate name is "greatsilverwyrm" and will not give me ANY other information.

At this point, im pretty pissed off since im not getting rakeback, basically a scam site [censored] guy is getting my money and ftp wont even switch me or tell me who it is or what site it is.

I guess my question is can anyone help me? Does anyone know who "GreatSilverWyrm" is or any other possible way i can fix this? FTP Support is really not helping me at all on this. I can't believe just because I didn't "clear my cookies" that I am completely screwed.

FWIW I purposely didn't mention my RB site, but they have been VERY helpful with this for me (obviously, they want my business) and have contacted FTP about this but all FTP will tell them is that they can't switch me and that i'm under a different affiliate.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-12-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Don\'t even know my affiliate...

Two things, one is if I did that I would want to transfer the money from my account. Is this illegal/would they notice?

The only thing I could think of is transferring to a new account from an account with the same last name (shouldnt matter?) But more so playing from the same IP address on both accounts...has FTP ever nabbed anyone for doing this before?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two things, one is if I did that I would want to transfer the money from my account. Is this illegal/would they notice?

The only thing I could think of is transferring to a new account from an account with the same last name (shouldnt matter?) But more so playing from the same IP address on both accounts...has FTP ever nabbed anyone for doing this before?

[/ QUOTE ]

A Google search makes it pretty likely who would be your affiliate so it couldn't hurt to contact them/him and see if he will set something up for you. (I'll PM you the contact info rather than posting it here.)

Creating duplicate accounts is against FT policy and you could run into trouble there. It is allowed to have 2 accounts on the same IP at FT. If so they both usually need to be verified with a phone call and/or sending documents to verify both identities. You might also run into trouble if you use one account to cash out and transfer and never play on it. Primarily transfers and cashouts are reserved for players who actually play on the site.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Thanks RakebackStore, I did a google search (obviously) and couldn't find anything. Also, my dad has an account on FTP and I might have logged in on FTP with the same IP once or twice, but that account has never even been played on so I doubt that will be a problem. Do you it would matter though if the new account is under a different address, but playing under the same IP as the account im currently using? I can't believe they would be that "tight" on security as they should just want people to play on their site, but I just want to make sure.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you it would matter though if the new account is under a different address, but playing under the same IP as the account im currently using? I can't believe they would be that "tight" on security as they should just want people to play on their site, but I just want to make sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is against FT policy to create a multiple account. How seriously they take it I don't honestly know. A lot of people leave FT for other rakeback sites rather than risk breaking the Terms and Conditions set forth by them.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:33 AM

the hard part is funding your moms account if she doesnt approve......lol.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:08 AM

OMG THE FULL TILT IDIOTS. GO PLAY ON POKERSTARS DIRECTLY FPPS RAKEBACK NOT UNDER THE TABLE, NO HASSLE. LET ALONE THE FULL TILT IDIOTS.