Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Wow I think I just killed the deck...

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $45.75
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $27.00</font>
UTG: $21.35
MP: $24.65
CO: $24.30
BTN: $17.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.85</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.65</font>, MP calls $2.80, SB calls $2.80

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($10.95) 4 Q 4 (3 Players)
SB checks

This is like the first time in something like a year that I kinda considered slow-playing a hand.

Thoughts on checking here?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Wow I think I just killed the deck...

I like checking...The pot is 3 bet PF and there are 2 villains...There is no need to build a pot early the PF action did this..Most importent is BOTH villains are drawing next to dead..
Old 06-04-2007, 01:57 PM

yeah I just check here too anyone is going to be scared of a bet but if you call you could easily have a smaller PP and get more value out of the hand.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:58 PM

Yeah but how are we gonna extract here anyway, hope one of the villains catch up?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:58 PM

The last couple times I flopped a made hand I've concluded that checking is the right decision. Then I reconsidered for a couple reasons:

1) People are more likely to call a bet on the flop. Chances are that the turn won't improve their hand (the only real reason for checking), so they probably won't be much more likely to call based on that. If you bet now, they think they have two cards coming and will maybe call to try to hit.

2) I bet at almost every pot I've raised, so if anyone IS paying attention, I don't want to clue them in.

In summary: take them to value town, and if they fold you still won an ok pot.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:01 PM

AKs calls, PP's prolly call

AQ (very unlikely yes, but it's still a possibility)

Ppl love to call one street and see where they stand, so I prolly bet.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:04 PM

Somebody catching up is about the only chance you have to win a BIG pot...Betting out may get 1 call/bet from a smaller pair but that's is it...Checking allow hands drawing dead to pick up a draw(or hit there draw) and with the bloated pot PF getting the rest of there stack in the middle will not be a issue...

Also if it get checked thru and they fold to a bet on the turn it did not matter what you did on the flop they were folding anyway....Checking give you the best shot at a big pot...
Old 06-04-2007, 02:22 PM

Both are fine. If you bet, you can probably stack AK diamonds on the flop, AA/KK will come along, if you check, AK diamonds isnt likely to stack off on a non diamond turn, you may give AK a chance to hit (although obv AA/KK arent out of the question), you may let one of them hit a worse set.

Either is fine, I generally bet.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also if it get checked thru and they fold to a bet on the turn it did not matter what you did on the flop they were folding anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is exactly what I disagree with. If this were the case, no one would ever fire the second barrel on the turn. But the reality is that weak fish call on the flop to see another card, but have a sense that the second card is somehow worth less (even though the pot odds are probably better now).

I wouldn't make a PSB here. I think you can all kinds of calls other than AK and the unlikely AQ. A lot of PP will call you down, along with the occasional Ax. I kid you not, I had someone call their ENTIRE stack off with A8 or A7 on a 444 flop. I had KK or something. I have no clue what they were thinking, but I got their $25 and they were so far behind it wasn't funny.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had someone call their ENTIRE stack off with A8 or A7 on a 444 flop. I had KK or something. I have no clue what they were thinking,

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg is he trying to represent QUADS? lol I'm too smart for that. ARRRRRIN.