Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Commerce White Chip Value Bets

Last 4 days played between 200-400 and 400-800 at Commerce, the games were fantastic with never more than 4-5 players that had any business in the game....both sessions were long so not 100% sure of what limit each hand was played at.

Hand 1 (2/4)-Julian (crazy testosterone filled maniac) raises from EP, I 3 bet AA MP, BB calls he caps it....I have been killing him.....flop 992 2 spades....he bets, I call to let BB catch a pr, she calls...turn 6...he bets I raise BB folds he calls....river 5 he checks, I bet he raises....value 3 bet or just call?

Hand 2 (4/8 i think) I raise on button with 99 Jade 3 bets out of BB I 4 bet...flop 776 she chk raises me, I call....turn Q she bets I raise, she calls....river 2 she chks...bet?

Hand 3 (4/8) I raise on Button with AA and Todd Bouey 3 bets out of BB I 4 bet....flop kq4 2 diamonds, he chk raises I call, turn blank, he bets, I raise, he thinks and calls....river T....he chks...bet?

Hand 4 (4/8) Kenny (young Asian player protege of Aaron Katz...Kenny is pretty good)....I limp UTG with QJs (mix it up and game had lot of limps) 3 other limpers he is in the BB....flop comes 993 2 spades he leads, I call everyone else folds....turn Q, he leads again, something told me he had a 9 and I didnt want to get 3 bet by raising so I just called......river 2...he chks, now wondering if he has a pr 44-88 or is trying to chk raise the 9, I definataely look like a busted flush draw so he will call with pr or even A high and may bluff raise a busted draw himself, so bet for value or take free showdown?
Old 05-11-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Commerce White Chip Value Bets

Hand 1- So, flush never got there? I would just call anyway. Smells like a sp 9 + no worse hand will call imo.
Hand 2- Again, I don't see how any worse hand will call. I would check. Maybe that's weak, I don't know.
Hand 3- I would def. bet here. Many hands he could have will call you. Much value in betting this.
Hand 4- See above. If he does raise, you're obv. in trouble, but I think you have to vb here.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:07 PM

Hey David,

First off be careful how you word your posts, if you really want to get good discussion and advice going. I think you can really tell what you did in every hand and if it was right or not.

That being said, I would prolly just call in hand 1, Hard for him to checkraise QQ or KK there I think. It would suck to have to put 4 bets in on the river and see 55 or even 7-8.

In hand 2 I would prolly just check, You took such a strong line, I think its hard for her to pay you off with a worse hand in this spot.

I would definitly bet the river in hand 3. Doesn't seem like he could ever have anything better here.

Hand 4 I would def bet the river. His check definitly feels like a bluff catcher as it is hard for you to ever have anything here unless its precisely a Q high flush draw.

My guess is when you post results I will be wrong in hands 1 through 3 and right in hand 4. And I predict you just called in hand 1 Checked in hand 2 Bet in hand 3 and checked in hand 4.

Mike
Old 05-11-2007, 09:10 PM

I like betting every hand but #2. #1 is the easiest raise of the four IMO.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:13 PM

Holy crap Julian was playing 2/4? I'd just call vs him but he probably has no pair, the problem is he might call a 3 bet with no pair there.

hand 2 I check, Jade is solid IMO and will have TT/JJ too often.

hand 3 I bet against everybody.

hand 4 close one, I don't know him so I'd say its a bet/fold but if you had a strong read I think a check is ok.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-11-2007, 10:18 PM

you should bet the hand against jade ive played with her only a couple times but from what ive seen she's spewier than people give her credit for.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:16 AM

Always value raise julian [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]..that guy has personally paid my rent for 6 months [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2007, 11:14 AM

Let me give this a shot, the most straightforward one seems like hand 1, which is a call. I think hand 2 is a pretty straightforward value bet given the action. You probably see TT or JJ once in a while here but I think you gotta vbet here. Hand 3 I think is also a value bet, as well as hand 4, but I think I raise the turn in hand 4.

Jason
Old 05-13-2007, 02:12 AM

Hand 1: I think given the description of your opponent you can 3 bet here. I always just call here but it's nice to get in extra bets when you get a nice read.

Hand 2: I'd check the river here with anything lower than AQ. The line you've taken is so strong that if I were in her shoes I'd probably check/call with TT, JJ or AQ.

Hand 3: I bet here even against weak/tighties. Hard to see how your hand isn't best.

Hand 4: I think this is close to where you have to be there to decide. I've done all of the following in this spot: checked, bet/called, and bet/folded. Your hand does seem like a missed draw so I'm sliding myself into the bet category. A 9 doesn't checkraise here that much since you never showed any strength in the hand.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:15 PM

Hand 1 I call.

hand 2 I bet the river. Even if you get called and lose it sends a nice aggressive message...esp that they'll often have to call not only the turn raise but a river bet when you pop them on the turn.

hand 3 absolutely bet but given how you posted it you probably got c/r and lost but still, it's a bet and not close imo. That said, I don't know todd bouey.

hand 4 not betting is crazy imo. I'd call a check/raise in a heartbeat too cause he could easily have a spade draw and decide you couldn't call with yours either. Not a spot to roll over.