Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: How to get rid of short stackers

Convince the poker sites to add tables with fixed 100bb buyins.

Or you can conspire against them. If they're all-in in EP, everyone at the table calls, then checks it down tourney-style. Individually you might be a dog to the ratholer, but collectively you're ahead. Use numbers to take the odds away.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Or you can conspire against them. If they're all-in in EP, everyone at the table calls, then checks it down tourney-style. Individually you might be a dog to the ratholer, but collectively you're ahead. Use numbers to take the odds away.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL..
Old 11-28-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL..

[/ QUOTE ]

Man if I could find a group of idiots to do this I could make a fortune. Hell, I would even just push or fold from any position with any stack if I was guaranteed everyone after me would call regardless.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 PM

all greatly appreciated fresh and helpful ideas.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:46 PM

hu shortstackers are the worst and so profitable to play versus. they'll often leave after they double up but if they lose they'll typically reload a bunch of times. i've even had shortstackers martingale me. first they sit with 400 (10/20), then they reload for 800, then 1000, then 2000 and hey presto you've got like 3 full buyins from a guy who originally sat with 20 bb's. holla.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Convince the poker sites to add tables with fixed 100bb buyins.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus christ.

YEAH THE BEST WAY TO COMBAT SHORTSTACKERS IS TO [censored] HAND THEM MONEY.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:31 PM

LDO. Then they won't be shortstacked. I always try to double them up very quickly so that they leave and don't bother me any more.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hu shortstackers are the worst and so profitable to play versus. they'll often leave after they double up but if they lose they'll typically reload a bunch of times. i've even had shortstackers martingale me. first they sit with 400 (10/20), then they reload for 800, then 1000, then 2000 and hey presto you've got like 3 full buyins from a guy who originally sat with 20 bb's. holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-28-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol shortstackers don't want to play with other 20bb stacks, do you even know how shortstacking "works"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know how it "works" and if it didnt work it wouldnt bother people.

I realize they have an advantage against multiple deep stack opponents. They still need to know how to play a small stack. Where do you think they learned that?

I would bet a lot of them rose through SNGs. The high stakes SNGs are raked at an absurdly high level. They dry up. Thus someone who was "good" at short stacked poker (after all they are making money) Has no where to go but over to the very low raked cash games. Its economics.

You are bothered by short stackers. The sites dont want to lose them as customers. I purpose a solution. "lol" sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of the good high stakes short stackers were pretty decent mid/high cash players, not SNG players. None of them "want" to be playing SNGs...

I can pretty conclusively say that your idea is retarded and wont work but I think that point's been hammered home pretty hard already
Old 11-28-2007, 11:02 PM

i always try and get regs to put bounties on the short stackers head, which may be stupid...but i figure if two of us decide to 'gamble' with a shorty in a pot with hopes of busting him, that we will, and eventually he'll jsut leave.

prob unethical, but so is ratholing...but i have not gotten anyone to do this with me.

but i think it be awesome, if you have a table of like 2 or 3 regs that agree if a short shoves pf, and no one really has a legit hand, to just get in iwth him pf and try and bust him...of course this may have to be decided before the hand...but meh.

i guess getting tables to up min buy-ins could help too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]