Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 PM

Default NL25 AA makes nut full house

My table image is very tight. I know I should cbet this don't remind me. Anyway, luckily for me villain likes his hand especially considering I was preflop raiser. He is running at 36/14/2 and is playing pretty poorly.

I made a pretty bad job of getting his stack, but anyway, questions below :-

a) ignore my flop check (although it is rainbow flop so he puts me on an ace if I bet right). do you check raise or call his bet? If you c-r, how much to?
b) my turn c-r is obv a bad move here, I figured he would fire again and originally planned to call but tried the c-r to bloat the pot but this indicated too much strength and the 9 is a bad card to c-r. Is the turn check worse than the flop check?
c) assume I check called the turn, how much do you lead out on the pot? 3/4?

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $20.20
UTG+1: $24
MP1: $9.15
MP2: $56.65
MP3: $16.80
CO: $16.40
Button: $19.35
SB: $27.85
Hero: $18.50

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
4 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.5, 3 players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $1</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: $2.5 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $8.5
Old 11-27-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: NL25 AA makes nut full house

Raise more preflop!!!! Make it at least $2.

Lead the flop. Bet/3betting AI is a better line to take than c/r AI on the flop here due to the semi-deeper stack sizes. If he has anything you can extract from, he will at least call a flop bet.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:43 PM

Wow @ your incredible greed.

1) Raise to $1.75 preflop.
2) Bet the flop

It really would've been justice if a 7 came on the turn and you got busted by 86.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:44 PM

Raise more pf, bet flop, bet turn, bet river -&gt; Donīt c/r. c/c would be better, as the checkraise looks very strong.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My table image is very tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then a c/r looks even more suspicous and strong

even the c/c on the flop would alert me, if i'd played against you

just keep betting and betting and betting, nor c/r, no c/c just straight forward

And Please raise more Preflop, just a standart raise with 3 limpers infront of you, something between 6-8BB

U have to understand that AA is a very vulnerable hand!!!, u don't want to get beat by 56s or something like that
Old 11-27-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pf raise is greediness, but a long run mistake. I can see no reason to raise to 75 cents other than wanting everyone to call, which you shouldn't OOP with Aces. It's extremely unlikely you'll get HU with that raise. You're just going to wind up OOP in a multiway pot. I guess this is fine if you're playing Aces for set value, but it sucks butt if you're playing for one-pair value.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 PM

Raise more PF. Bet the flop, you would c-bet here to represent the Ace with other hands. I check call the turn. River, I lead out 1/2 to 3/4 pot. Check-raising the turn sounds the alarm bells, when done by a tight player.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pf raise is greediness, but a long run mistake. I can see no reason to raise to 75 cents other than wanting everyone to call, which you shouldn't OOP with Aces. It's extremely unlikely you'll get HU with that raise. You're just going to wind up OOP in a multiway pot. I guess this is fine if you're playing Aces for set value, but it sucks butt if you're playing for one-pair value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I kind of see what you're getting at. Yes in general I will raise 4xbb or 4xbb + 1xbb per limper with any pp and maybe a bit higher in EP with the aim to get heads up. The problem is my image at this moment is very tight and my raises have previously folded everyone out, so I didn't want to check from BB but thought a 3xbb raise would be better.

Must add that I don't really know what the general rule is to raise from the blinds when it's not just SB v BB.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:37 PM

Normally make your raises from the blinds rather on the bigger than on the lower side. Remember, you're going to play the whole hand OOP. Plus it makes no sense raising less here than you normally do just because you have aces and are scared to lose traffic...