Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-27-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: November Goals, Graphs, Results Thread

My 15/30 shot was pretty much the same. I think the "everyone is retarded" axiom might hold for a lot longer than most of us think.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:38 PM

well. this is great.

i'm 32 years old, about 6 foot and 210 pounds. my wife is an RN(she doesn't work; she stays home and takes care of the girls but she has the degree so i assume she's qualified) and she took my blood pressure a week or so ago. 168/106. she took it again last night(granted the steelers were playing the dolphins way closer than it should have been) and it was 170/110. went to the doctor today and it was 170/110. he freaked out that someone my age would have numbers like that(google what normal is). so now i'm on blood pressure medicine, he wants me to change my diet, no more caffeine, no alcohol, no salt, ugh! i'm thirtyfreakingtwo. geez. i also need to start exercising. i'm sure in the next day or two he'll get my cholesterol(and other blood work) back and i'll have to go low fat also.

i'm just saying this so if i suddenly disappear in the near future, you guys know what happend.

oh, by the way i thought this was the LC thread. but i just noticed this is goals, graphs, blah, blah. so my goal for next month:

change my diet! woot!

i reached my goal this last month of tripling my online roll and cashing twice. so that's good.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well. this is great.

i'm 32 years old, about 6 foot and 210 pounds. my wife is an RN(she doesn't work; she stays home and takes care of the girls but she has the degree so i assume she's qualified) and she took my blood pressure a week or so ago. 168/106. she took it again last night(granted the steelers were playing the dolphins way closer than it should have been) and it was 170/110. went to the doctor today and it was 170/110. he freaked out that someone my age would have numbers like that(google what normal is). so now i'm on blood pressure medicine, he wants me to change my diet, no more caffeine, no alcohol, no salt, ugh! i'm thirtyfreakingtwo. geez. i also need to start exercising. i'm sure in the next day or two he'll get my cholesterol(and other blood work) back and i'll have to go low fat also.

i'm just saying this so if i suddenly disappear in the near future, you guys know what happend.

oh, by the way i thought this was the LC thread. but i just noticed this is goals, graphs, blah, blah. so my goal for next month:

change my diet! woot!

i reached my goal this last month of tripling my online roll and cashing twice. so that's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

man, sorry to hear that, good luck.

if modding this forum is spiking your BP, I would be willing to help you out on a temp basis [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-kit "power-hungry" cloudkicker
Old 11-27-2007, 02:53 PM

James, watching that game last night could easily explain a 20% spike in blood pressure. I aged at least 4 years during the Bettis fumble/immaculate tackle play against the colts 2 years ago.

Seriously though...I'm 25, and when I was in college I had "high" blood pressure. In my case it was about 145-150/95-100, which while not as high as yours, was also alarming for someone who could not yet legally drink.

Now that I'm out of college I've made a big effort to exercise at least 3 times a week and eat better and my blood pressure is down 25 points, right in the heart of the bell curve. Not to mention I feel better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. So my advice is to buy one of those portable exercise bikes and ride it while you play, and cut out the bacon and eggs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 PM

I hope poker isn't the only exercise you guys get...

I play hockey 2 or 3 times a week but other than that I don't get any exercise. I've been trying to jog once or twice a week but man jogging sucks.

GbaconforeverG
Old 11-27-2007, 02:58 PM

My place of employment has a nice gym where I work out. My stated deal with myself is that if I don't go to the gym, I can't go to the card room that day. This works 90% of the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

man, sorry to hear that, good luck.

if modding this forum is spiking your BP, I would be willing to help you out on a temp basis [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-kit "power-hungry" cloudkicker

[/ QUOTE ]

oh and btw i was kidding ldo
Old 11-27-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My place of employment has a nice gym where I work out. My stated deal with myself is that if I don't go to the gym, I can't go to the card room that day. This works 90% of the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow how do you have the time to work, work out, and play cards?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:16 PM

I don't work very hard, thats for sure. My girlfriend also owns a horse, which occupies her for, conveniently, 15 or so hours a week.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend also owns a horse, which occupies her for, conveniently, 15 or so hours a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm. interesting. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]