Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: ActionJeff says Stars is \"rigged\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if it happened on AP it could happen anywhere

[/ QUOTE ]

think so? imo thats not true.

[/ QUOTE ]
anythings possible. maybe some mad genius programmer with a vendetta against actionJ infiltrates his computer with every new update
Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 AM

runs better then expectation = skill

runs worse then expectation = rigged site

standard
Old 11-21-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if it happened on AP it could happen anywhere

[/ QUOTE ]

think so? imo thats not true. I dont even really understand how pokerking thinks this is valid enough to post an article because even if somehow PS was rigged...how? So certain players miss out on AI equity, but why? Or am I missing something

[/ QUOTE ]

Most obvious reason would be to keep the fish around. Take away a small percent of strong player's equity, pass it on to the fish. The winning player is still a winning player, the fish takes a little bit longer to go busto, and it's effectively impossible to ever prove it's anything more than variance.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting how several of the complaints at PStars are centered on being below expectation in 'all-in' equity, is this the the new vogue in riggaments-speak? Or is this an actual issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure the expectation in all in equity?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting how several of the complaints at PStars are centered on being below expectation in 'all-in' equity, is this the the new vogue in riggaments-speak? Or is this an actual issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure the expectation in all in equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

probabilityWin * amountWon + (1-probabilityWin) * amountLoss
Old 11-21-2007, 02:04 AM

minding linking to Jeff's blog instead of yours?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 AM

instead of my what? I didn't look up this blog because, as it says, he already took that post down for some reason. In which case, why would you want to see his blog?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:18 AM

whoever writes this pokerking blog is pretty ridiculous

I obviously don't think that PokerStars is rigged, and I took down the blog because it was retarded. I was just ranting and its bad material.

After losing tons of tourneys and $ on a bad day, I put my stars hhs from deep finishes in tourneys including 100r (over a pretty limited sample size) for the past 14 months and my win % at showdown was 23%, lol. There are other juicy details related to rebuys and stuff but its not really interesting. Its pretty irrelevant and not worth discussing.

What I was going to post after taking it down but decided wasn't even worth the readers time, was that I am done with Stars tourneys, but thats because tournament success is mostly luck and the biggest tourneys are all that matter. I'm mostly breaking from online poker until Aussie Millions anyway, and focusing on other things to improve my discipline, mental agility, and health.

PokerStars is a great site and it isn't rigged. I can't believe anyone even had time to read that blog anyway, it was up for a couple hours at most and I haven't posted on that domain in over a year, lol.... anyway, I won a lot of money in Stars tournaments for a period longer than that 14 months. Really sick good/terrible runs like that are very improbable, but are bound to happen to some people (vietcong orly)

pretty dumb post pokerking
Old 11-21-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe this to be true
Old 11-21-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whoever writes this pokerking blog is pretty ridiculous

I obviously don't think that PokerStars is rigged, and I took down the blog because it was retarded. I was just ranting and its bad material.

After losing tons of tourneys and $ on a bad day, I put my stars hhs from deep finishes in tourneys including 100r (over a pretty limited sample size) for the past 14 months and my win % at showdown was 23%, lol. There are other juicy details related to rebuys and stuff but its not really interesting. Its pretty irrelevant and not worth discussing.

What I was going to post after taking it down but decided wasn't even worth the readers time, was that I am done with Stars tourneys, but thats because tournament success is mostly luck and the biggest tourneys are all that matter. I'm mostly breaking from online poker until Aussie Millions anyway, and focusing on other things to improve my discipline, mental agility, and health.

PokerStars is a great site and it isn't rigged. I can't believe anyone even had time to read that blog anyway, it was up for a couple hours at most and I haven't posted on that domain in over a year, lol....

pretty dumb post pokerking

[/ QUOTE ]

/thread over.
Closed Thread