Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Prop bet for Full Ring

Ill bet against you all day here. but gl, lol.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:32 AM

Thanks for the responses so far. I do think it is very doable but no easy feat by any means. We have not talked odds and I was going to take this one st8 up 1-1.

Don't want to get too into my strategy too much but I was going to play a high variance game initially to build up a stack up to 5x max buy and grind it from there.

I didn't like the fact that I could not play 3 handed but my buddy said it would be too easy for me if I was able to play HU and 3 handed.

Games breaking was why I was thinking of just 10-12 tabling the $200NL games as there are a lot more of them and the $400 games get really thin late night.

I would really concentrate and play 6 or less games once I got a stack of 4x-6x max buy.

Time of day is also a factor. I am thinking of starting around 6-8pm on a Friday or Saturday.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 AM

If I was you I would want to bet for more than $2,000. The more the bet is worth, the more you can gamble to build a big stack.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:07 AM

I think he would want to be the smallest amount that would get me to torture myself with this bet. We are still talking terms and I am really trying to get him to bet in the 3-5k range but would most likely go for 2k.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:12 AM

Your buddy is not worried about getting hustled?
With a big enough bet, you could easily make a deal with some players to get chips dumped to your biggest stack.

I assume you can play many tables?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your buddy is not worried about getting hustled?
With a big enough bet, you could easily make a deal with some players to get chips dumped to your biggest stack.

I assume you can play many tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess if I was a scumbag I could do that. He will have access to my PT database and can look over all the hands I played. I think my buddy thinks for the most part that I'm honest as he did take half my action during WSOP in a 25-50NL game and made $6300 in his sleep.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:25 AM

If the prop bet is large enough, crazy plays like shoving 67s in a three way all-in may become +EV [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] How are you going to adjust your strategy?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:28 AM

I think its quite achievable if this level is waaaaaaay below your starting level. For example, lets say OP is a bread and butter NL$1000 player with a $150,000 poker bankroll. He could sit and play super-mega LAG and have money spewing about all over the table. His opponents are likely to stick around given the money flying around and thus OP's money will often stay on the table. If he doesn't hit a heater early and win the bet most of his opponents will be double or trippled stacked very quickly. Then it takes no more than a few big hands (should happen more often because of his image) to take down massive multi-buy in pots. With the $2k prop bet overlaying his aggressive game it would be a pretty safe undertaking.

Yes he may well on the day dump 13 buy in's and still fail to win the bet and hat would suck. However, I'd imagine that with a $2k overlay on a win a good player with no bankroll qualms playing a solid very lag game here could make this a +EV situation.

What I'm driving at is that if he plays LAG enough he can effectively buy himself a stack.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:08 AM

this seems very unlikely...if you are taking more action let me know
Old 11-15-2007, 05:16 AM

I'll have to sleep on this one. At no point do I think that I have a big edge here, I am most likely slightly to moderately -EV. The longer my session goes, the worst I play. I know this and my buddy knows this.

If this prop was for something like play 10k hands in a 24 hr period, I would say no way.