Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: My stats

I play mostly on a full table or on a table of 5 or 6 players.

I thinks I have the beginning of a plan but mostly I'll act using what I know about the habits of my opponents.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Well, I admit to being puzzled as to how 70% can be good over 3000 hands. I have seen players with these percentages several times at the tables. They can have wicked win rates for a while, but virtually all of them crash and burn. It can take several sessions, but the outcome is almost always the same. They disappear from the games for good [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

So at least in my case, I love finding these guys that play almost every hand. It seems to be the one almost sure way of breaking free of the the grind that the stud tables have degenerated to since the government ban attempt.

I have seen the odd player though that are smart enough to build a table image of a total donk, and then use it to induce poor play from most everyone else at the table. They can make real nice cash by manipulating the character of the table, but NOT over 3000 hands.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM

I think you got away with your loose-passive game because everyone at the micros plays the same and you were probably running hot. But you'll get murdered at 0,5/1 and above if you don't tighten up considerably.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you got away with your loose-passive game because everyone at the micros plays the same and you were probably running hot. But you'll get murdered at 0,5/1 and above if you don't tighten up considerably.

[/ QUOTE ]

FTW

You're outplaying people at the micro limits because they have NO clue. You at least have some idea of what's going on, which is how you're getting away with the insanely high VPIP: you get away from your dead loser hands enough to show a profit.

But as soon as you moved up a level, you got cut up. This was not an accident or anomaly. You won't ever win consistently above the 10 cent level unless you make the adjustments that the good folks here recommend.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:14 AM

Very nice Truth.

The single biggest poker skill??????

The need to make ADJUSTMENTS in your game plan based on the players in the game. It appears as if the OP has done this without knowing it. 70% is outstanding if everyone else is 95%. GOod Luck.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM

So you think that 70% is better than, say, 25%?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 PM

It depends
Old 11-13-2007, 02:49 PM

I play in a non-rake dealers choice game. Dealer antes a $1.
Its 10-20-30-40-50. Every one sees 4th, its almost as if they are playing blind on 3rd. So the effect is, its a $10 ante (the dealer $11) and eveyone gets a free card on 3rd. Playing 25% would be like cheating to these guys, (and the invitation would be revoked) so I do everything in my power to keep it to 60-70%, like buying drinks, making phone calls, the bathroom etc etc. I make 60,000 per year in this game and it has no effect on these rich guys. It costs me about 10K with bets on the golf course to keep me in their good graces. This game alone pays for my memberships at 4 golf and tennis clubs, all having card games. So yeah AB, it depends.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:52 PM

Pretend for a minute that instead of your (awesome, it sounds like) country club game or what have you, we're talking about low limit online (raked) stud. 70% still good? Does it still depend?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 PM

How does playing 70% in this game justify playing 70% in the games presented by the OP? There are no comparable social benefits and other factors at play in his online play. If there are, then he did not mention them.