Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Tx Redman Should be [censored] Raped and Die/

[ QUOTE ]
I was molested you [censored] [censored] Sucker. I hope you [censored] get raped one day and die. I would find your funeral and piss on your grave for suggesting Slims' grandchild or anyone else would claim molestation for money.

[censored] you once more [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

disgruntled internet person- did you even read my post? here it is again

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Slim, always the gambling man, threw it into reverse and took off as the gunman fired three shots into Slim’s car.

pretty hard to lie to the cops about having fake bullet holes in your car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim's lied about bigger things, and I'm pretty sure he has access to ways to make the holes not fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's your vendetta w/ slim?

i've met slim and played w/ him before, and he's a very nice guy. very amiable. i dont know one way or the other what happened w/ him and his grandkids, but i will say that money is the ultimate motivation to do things like that. who knows if its true or not? i dont think we can make that assumption, and I know people have made mistakes before.

Slim could probably not care less about missing out on the poker boom, kid. He's well off- substanitally so. He doesn't need the lime light anymore, and he doesn't pull a stunt like this, either.

I think the reason he didnt give it up, is because he's not afraid of dying. If that's how the Lord wanted him to go, well, then so be it.

Honestly, I think you dont have much character.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it say somewhere in my post that I condone child molestation?

No.

It didn't.

I just made light of the fact that there's a lot more to the story than meets the eye, and I don't think people should be hopping on the "kill slim" bandwagon.

Oh, and btw I'm sympathetic to your plight, having experienced it myself as a young child- a memory that I blocked out and did not come to surface until I was having a deeply emotional conversation in my later teen years.

Also, you're an idiot. I dont wish the things on you that you apparently wish on me, for that would be hypocritical, but I do stand by the fact that you are an idiot, and that your post served no purpose.

And regardless of whether or not Slim did or did not molest his Grandchildren, I like the man. I think he didn't, and I'm standing by that.

Now, perhaps you should go seek some help, and quit making a fool out of yourself by making ignorant threats that have no substance to them. And, if you'd care to come to Dallas to speak with me in person, i'm always, always, always down for a 10K molestation victim VS molestation victim FIGHT, YO
Old 11-09-2006, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Tx Redman Should be [censored] Raped and Die/

You all realize this is a pointless and stupid argument, don't you? No one here knows what ACTUALLY happened, so stop debating opinions and hypotheticals, because it makes you all sound like [censored] idiots.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Recent Amarillo Slim news?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW there was a large thread on RGP on the molestation incedent at the time of the charges which seemed to suggest that Slim's family was not the most psychologically healthy one (go figure), and a made up, or at least highly exaggerated molestation story, to get to the old man's cash, was not entirely out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how they get cash from him in this way? Blackmail?

If so, it's a pretty simple read to me; If he fights, even against his own family, he might be innocent, but if he pleads, I highly doubt it.

Again, Slim would absolutely, positively 100% be the most famous person in poker right now, with likely the biggest endorements too, if this never happened. If you doubt this, realize that he STILL is likely the most widely known poker player in the world, with little to no publicity other than his book since the charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is the way they would get money from him would be through a civil lawsuit or the threat of one and then settle out of court.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal

Old 10-28-2007, 10:29 AM

I have known Slim for many decades, but have no opinion as to his guilt or innocence. However, taking a plea bargain in West Texas happens all the time to the guilty and the innocent. Slim could pled to a lesser charge and probation or face a hanging West Texas jury and get up to life in the pen.

In the case of the Tulia, Texas black people accused of selling cocaine by a lying narc, many pled guilty, when they were innocent, for lesser sentences. Then the narc was exposed, a book was written, and several were pardoned and released.

I knew a college professor accused in a similar manner to that of Slim. He pled guilty to get probation rather than face a long prison sentence. His friends say he was innocent. Who knows? A guilty plea doesn't always mean someone is guilty in West Texas.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have known Slim for many decades, but have no opinion as to his guilt or innocence.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I was reading this thread I thought to myself, 'Any minute now, Johnny Hughes will be along to post something like this:

"Back in the old days in the illegal gambling games in Texas, many of the players liked to diddle their granddaughters. We never held it against them. Jeez, it's almost like it's an old Texas tradition to take the first pop at all of the issue from your loins, regardless of gender or generation. We were poker players, not moralists, and as long as a man has money in his pocket to lose, we'd be happy to play with Ed Gein himself."'

And *poof*, here you are.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 01:29 PM

people acting like that know he is guilty or know he is innocent ar dumb, theres no way we could ever know
Old 10-28-2007, 01:42 PM

[quote
As I was reading this thread I thought to myself, 'Any minute now, Johnny Hughes will be along to post something like this:

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-28-2007, 02:28 PM

Hasn't Slim made some extremely anti-semitic remarks in public?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:19 PM

The fact slim pleaded guilty means
A) He doesn't care if he is a suspected child molester
B) He is a child molester.