Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: OK

Call, not close. Freddy will either be folding or 5 betting when you 4 bet.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are you raising the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or at least does Freddy expect you to raise the Q - 9 of hearts? If he does I think you have a pretty straight forward 4 bet.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does he really open raise from EP w/5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

I 4 bet then call. I think he has KQ with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

i've opened in EP with 53s a lot more times than i've bet/3bet a K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in this kind of spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I've bet/3-bet with Kh here against quite a few online lags.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you call a 4bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], but you still make a good point.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are you raising the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or at least does Freddy expect you to raise the Q - 9 of hearts? If he does I think you have a pretty straight forward 4 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you 4betting when he can likely never call? the guy is a LAG, not a retard.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you 4betting when he can likely never call? the guy is a LAG, not a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm coming from an high limit online background where people aren't folding the K here. If you believe that he will fold the K then it's an easy call, if he's not folding then it's an easy 3 bet plain and simple. Only you can make that decision based on dynamics of the game or what not. It's a pretty straight forward situation really. My original point is just if freddy expects you to raise Q-9 of hearts that this is more than likely the K of hearts hence cap. If freddy knows you will only raise the river with the A of hearts it's an easy call.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm coming from an high limit online background where people aren't folding the K here. If you believe that he will fold the K then it's an easy call, if he's not folding then it's an easy 3 bet plain and simple. Only you can make that decision based on dynamics of the game or what not. It's a pretty straight forward situation really. My original point is just if freddy expects you to raise Q-9 of hearts that this is more than likely the K of hearts hence cap. If freddy knows you will only raise the river with the A of hearts it's an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

in most high limit online games, is it not a 4bet cap? thus, there is no fear of getting 5balled, but that is a real fear here.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:43 AM

Freddy will never call a reraise and I have played 500-1000 hours with him.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Freddy will never call a reraise and I have played 500-1000 hours with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the way he runs against you, you would call the 3rd bet and hold your hand over the muck.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:51 AM

i must be amongst the fish that see more value in raising --> value gained raising (villain folds + villain calls w/worse) > value gained calling (hero wins maj of time, loses v rarely) + value lost raising (hero has to call a 5 bet when beat)

if this even makes sense

btw would the ppl who advocate raise, fold to 5 actually fold this in practice?
Old 09-21-2007, 02:35 AM

"value gained raising (villain folds"

realize there is no value gained if villain folds.