Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Golf: Club Membership

Thinking about joining a private club starting in April. What do you pay to play golf? Public or private.

Dues for club I am joining in Iowa for a single w/o dependents under 35yrs: $147.50/mo with $1000 initiation fee. I am thinking this is a great deal for someone like me who will easily play 50+ rounds this year. The quality of the course is good, especially for Iowa. This is important to me as I am a ~8-10 HDCP. Typical fees for guests are $40/rd at this course. Golf, tennis, pool, dining included.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Golf: Club Membership

Why wouldn't you join if you plan on playing this much? (and other courses cost that much?)
Old 03-21-2007, 11:40 PM

I was curious to know what other people pay for memberships.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was curious to know what other people pay for memberships.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, a lot more for a decent club. Sounds like you're getting a good deal, especially if you think you'll be there for a while.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:52 PM

That is a pretty good deal if it is a nice course. Do you have to spend a set amount in food and beverage every month? That is usually big add on, it was $500 at the club where I used to belong.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:54 PM

Lawrence KS
36 hole facility (18 private, 18 public). Courses are nice, not PGA Tour material.
185$/month (range, carts, locker, club storage NOT included ... access to pool, dining, and events included)
1000$ initiation fee
60$/quarter food min. for single members

This is for single people under the age of 40.

Midwest golf is really a bargain. Join and enjoy.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:58 PM

18 hole private in midwest

$360/month for range, green fees, pool, tennis, locker.

carts extra

$600 food min/year....easily met w alcohol

i think i got in for $15k as a young person promo. reg initiation fee is 25K
Old 03-22-2007, 12:37 AM

I pay $3000 a year for my club. They have added a $15 cart rental fee at 1 of them, that I would have rather seen just added into total, but I am still happy with it. It consists of 3 seperate golf courses of which 2 are very good(the 3rd was added offseason, so I don't know its quality,but they have commited 4 million to the clubhouse so it should be nice atmosphere). They have hosted lpga events and cost $135 and $80 per round for non-members. After having lived in various cities, I find this ridiculously cheap in comparison to what it costs in large cities. The cost of living is very low in this area(ne ohio). I am not sure if links are allowed here so the web site is avalonlakes.com for comparison purposes. If you like the course, then that deal seems very affordable, and a no brainer for you to join.

Edit-i forgot to mention these courses are open to public also, so not exclusive to just members...they are quite pricey for the area however and i have never once had a problem with a tee time as members are given priority
Old 03-22-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking about joining a private club starting in April. What do you pay to play golf? Public or private.

Dues for club I am joining in Iowa for a single w/o dependents under 35yrs: $147.50/mo with $1000 initiation fee. I am thinking this is a great deal for someone like me who will easily play 50+ rounds this year. The quality of the course is good, especially for Iowa. This is important to me as I am a ~8-10 HDCP. Typical fees for guests are $40/rd at this course. Golf, tennis, pool, dining included.

[/ QUOTE ]
In addition to value you'll be getting access to the camaraderie that comes with joining a club - the member/guests, the member/member, the club championships, etc. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

bd8802 (lurker, whodat? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) has it right, it's great ROI, particularly in the Midwest. "You can't afford not to." Good luck getting something like that here in Phoenix, albeit we do have golf year-round.

Where in Iowa BTW? I've spent a ton of time golfing back there, particularly in the eastern part of the state. No need to mention the specific club but I would be interested in the city. PM me if you prefer.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:01 AM

I feel guilty living on a course used by the PGA and not using my free usage privileges.