Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Describe your ideal woman

Whole thread and didn't see great family, didn't look that hard for it though. Dating a chick with wackjobs for parents/siblings/kids sucks.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:46 AM

I'm with Ian Banks on this one. A beautiful, passionate murderess suits me just fine. However, as an old married lady, I'm sure not looking for a LTR. I get that stuff at home. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ill be one of the first to say, that I dont want a smart woman, I dont really get that one much, most smart chicks I meet are a pain in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on this. I don't want to date the village idiot or anything, but I have male friends to talk about business, technology, sports, philosophy with. With a woman I want more of an emotional & physical connection, not an intellectual one. I want someone who understands and feeds my emotional needs as I do hers.

I also don't care if she has any of the same interests. In fact most of the people I know who have been married a long time have separate interests and spend time apart.

I wonder if a lot of the things guys are listing here must come from some instinct to mate with the woman that will produce the strongest offspring rather than the one you'll enjoy being with the most.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to make lists when I was younger, but nowadays all that seems to matter is that she be kind, understanding and loving. And that she truly enjoys my company.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%.

A lot of the traits that people are listing in this thread are things that initially attract them to women, or keep them interested for a while. But most of the traits are very unimportant in having a long and happy relationship.

Being smart - This is very over-rated. It is not like you will be having deep philosophical or political debates with your wife. That is what friends, internet forums, book clubs etc are for.

Common interests - Very unimportant. What is MUCH MUCH more important is having someone that is understanding, and genuinely encourages and doesn't mind listening to you sometimes ramble about your own interests and dreams. Doing the same for your partner is offcourse essential.

Sense of humor - Being very witty or funny can get kinda annoying in a partner. But being light-hearted and taking life not too seriously is very important IMO.

Attractiveness/sex life - Cliche, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Also, a good sex life will come naturally in an honest and loving relationship.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder if a lot of the things guys are listing here must come from some instinct to mate with the woman that will produce the strongest offspring rather than the one you'll enjoy being with the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is well put.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:32 PM

1) Does not derive her happiness from me
2) Motivation and desire to do something
3) Not clingy
4) Respects my interests and friends
5) Intelegent
5) Smokin' hot
Old 02-22-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So perhaps the criteria should be 'smart, so long as she isn't smarter than I am.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people might have that issue. I wonder if it matters what area of intelligence they have. If the intelligence would be in the same industry/area then it might be a turn off. But, if I met a super smart chemist, lawyer, business person then I would think that is a huge turn on. But, a super smart women IT professional I am not so sure. Probably because of the "dork" stereotype that comes along with it.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:24 PM

smart
funny
small vajyne
not boring in bed
Old 02-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Isura,

"Being smart - This is very over-rated. It is not like you will be having deep philosophical or political debates with your wife. That is what friends, internet forums, book clubs etc are for."

This is by far the most important thing for me. While I might not be having debates, I like to talk about all sorts of stuff and if someone I'm with can't carry on conversations on a broad range of topics, I get bored. Of course I love you guys, but it's tough for me to take the El D Forum with me to brunch.

"Common interests - Very unimportant."

Wow. To me, someone who can participate in activities with me (concerts, sports, travel) and really enjoy them is HUGE.

"Attractiveness/sex life - Cliche"

Cliche, maybe, but it's definitely important to me.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:55 PM

Isura and El Diablos last few posts are fine examples of why this thread exists. We all have different interests and wants. I can personally see it from both perspectives. I am looking for a middle ground.

A girl who has a few common interests, not many.
I am looking for a smart girl. Not so smart that she makes me feel inadequate.
As far as looks go, yes its defiantly in the eye of the beholder.