Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many Mishmashes have you played in?
0 4 18.18%
1 4 18.18%
2 or 3 7 31.82%
all of 'em 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: SLOW GAME: Welcome to the Bay Area (Werewolf, Northern CA edition)

Let's just say dan's the man.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and where the hell is boj anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

You rang?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boj and RT cannot both be wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they can
Old 09-02-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they can

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they can't.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they can

[/ QUOTE ]

The odds of the top three d1 bandwagons all being wolves have to be close to zero.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they can

[/ QUOTE ]

The odds of the top three d1 bandwagons all being wolves have to be close to zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

the odds of any three specific people being wolves have to be close to zero, does that mean there aren't three wolves?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:55 PM

If the wolves failed to generate so much as ONE villager wagon d1, I will shave my head.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:57 PM

Since I'm bored and since going point by point on RT right now will be meaningless, I'll just go through bojtun's posts. Afterall, he did request me to do so earlier.... I'm not gonna quote em all to save space, so follow along in another tab.

First post, he asks a question about Elroy's post. Mets and I both answer, at which point he says we're both probably villagers because we answered him. This is an utterly ridiculous conclusion to reach, and more importantly, he has always been very cautious about clearing me because I do not make my role obvious three posts into any game. This was the first red flag.

Meanwhile, he explains why he found HBE's post wolfy. We'll get back to this later.

Next, he questions the votes on RT. He comments on the two voters but doesn't actually have anything to say about them. Whatever.

Next, he comes out with this wolftacular line while addressing me: "It's totally villagery unless it's an angleshoot."

Then we go ahead to the next day, where bojtun quotes books' opening jokey post, which is 100% standard for him, and says he hates it. wtf? And he tries to analyze it for content, when it was obviously a random lighthearted thing.

Then he quotes one of my posts and says he needs to ask me about it when we're both online. Why he can't ask a question right then and I'll answer it when I wake up is beyond me, but whatever.

Then I wake up and ask the seer to peek bojtun as at this point he has made enough shady posts that I've grown somewhat suspicious of him.

At this point, he essentially calls me a wolf ("Is that so you can kill me tonight?")

He then asks me of my earlier post, "Were you drunk, high or on any mind-altering substances when you made it?" which quite clearly implies that he found that post to be wolfy.

Then, he votes for me.

So, at this point he has 1) asked me if I'm going to eat him at night 2) communicated the idea that at least one of my posts was wolfy (he refers to it soon afterwards as "strange") 3) voted for me

HOWEVER... when I point out that he would not think I'm a wolf if he's a villager, he claims that "I'm voting you based solely on the fact that you're annoying." He never mentions me as a suspect again and later adds me to his villager list. Major red flag.

So, we're closing in on lynch time... bojtun really hasn't discussed much at all in terms of suspects lately, since apparently the whole deal with calling me wolfy all afternoon was just a joke, but now he lists a bunch of people he could vote for, including cueball the wolf who was a leading wagon, and chuck. So obviously he votes for.... Nich?? who he hasn't mentioned at all the entire game... and anyone who has played a long game before with nich can see how this is a pretty stupid idea. Meanwhile HBE is on his list of people not to lynch. We'll get back to this later.

Then he starts defending his vote, which is a case study of illogic (spellcheck says that's really a word, cool). He says cueball would be a great vote... but he's not doing it. Classic example of vocally supporting a wolf lynch, while taking actions against it. He says he's voting nich to put pressure on him to get him to post more. Again, anyone who has ever played a game with nich before can see that this makes no sense at all, cuz the dude WON'T BE ONLINE AGAIN BEFORE NIGHT 90% OF THE TIME ON D1.

Then bojtun analyzes some "strange" voting changes, which consist of people changing off of their initial random votes to someone they find suspicious. Yes, very strange stuff there.

He addresses HBE's lack of content, but doesn't call him wolfy at this point.

Then Nich shows up and makes his speech about getting votes on d1, which he ends up having to make EVERY SINGLE GAME REGARDLESS OF HIS ROLE, and bojtun says it makes nich more villagery. Another big swing and a miss on making reads that follow some sort of logic. This is the second time now that he has simply told people exactly what to do to get villager points in his book, and then called them "likely villagers" or whatever when they do it. And I clearly remember him doing this before as a wolf.

He votes cueball in this post too. If him/cue/RT are all wolves, then obviously he's forced into making this vote, and it means nothing.

Then comes the post where he quotes some stuff and gets books and chuck mixed up while responding to it. This is actually one of the better pieces of evidence for bojtun being a villager as a wolf is less likely to make that type of wolf-villager mixup. However, it's hardly conclusive.

Also some spewy crap, reverse psychology crap, basically useless posts.

Closing in on lynch and... "How in the world can you read Cue's or RTs posts and think I'm the best D1 lynch?" bojtun ain't mentioned RT as a suspect at all until now... what am I missing?

Then more reverse psychology, then we're out of time.

I'll post this and then work on the rest.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the wolves failed to generate so much as ONE villager wagon d1, I will shave my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh RT put the third vote on you. cueball voted mets. chuck didn't vote at all until the last minute.

Even if RT ain't a wolf, that still only leaves two of them out there to "generate a wagon". And 2 is a much smaller number than 7, which is how many votes were on cueball late in the day.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:02 PM

It's not impossible, I'll grant you that.

I'll still shave my head, though.

(Nice post on bot, BTW.)