Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 02:52 AM

Default NL50 Frequent Situation that keeps happening

what do you guys do here? I feel like folding, calling, and raising ALL SUCK. This also happens to me like 20 times an hour.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($52.20)
SB ($49.65)
BB ($35.10)
UTG ($38.80)
Hero ($50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero</font>

Final Pot: $7.25
Old 10-28-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: NL50 Frequent Situation that keeps happening

Just ignore that he even bet, this is like a check, but weaker. Make your normal sized cbet if you were going to cbet here. If the BB calls double barrell a non spade turn.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:56 AM

Yeah I use to ignore those retarded bets and consider it as a check.

Make your normal sized cbet imo.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:11 AM

raisy daisy

edit: wait...with 3 ppl...it depends on the other players. never folding.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just ignore that he even bet, this is like a check, but weaker. Make your normal sized cbet if you were going to cbet here. If the BB calls double barrell a non spade turn.

[/ QUOTE ] How about if you weren't going to c-bet? If you call there is a player to act after you that can also sense BB is on a flush draw here and squeeze. But folding for $.50 in a $6.x pot just seems wrong when you could still be ahead.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:36 AM

just raise it a little smaller than you would have cbet. these bets are almost always air and these players usually always suck, just raise kinda small and most of the time they go "oh he caught me i fold". if they call at least you have the lead and can act accordingly on turn.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:44 AM
 is offline

bet pot, fire 2nd barrel if a scare card (Q,K,A) hits on turn. Obv. depends on oponnent.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:47 AM

I'm not sure that tricking yourself into ignoring the bet all together is the optimal line here. The theory behind it has potential though. The villain is telling you, this flop in somewhere in the vicinity of his range. We raise, to find out how close. For example, I personally will often lead 1/3-2/3 pot with a set on flops like these, especially in a raised pot.(Never mindonk but thats just the sign of an inexperienced player)

Putting a cbet type 1/2-psb bet (or raise in this scenario because of the mindonk) in the pot on this type of pot, especially 3 handed is very much borderline. While, depending on your image, you should often cbet most hands on most flops, however in this situation if you choose to cbet into 2 players you need to be basically shutting down if you miss the turn, and even if you do hit the turn, proceed with caution. Stacking off to a K or Q turn here is extremely spewish.

After all, we have NPND here.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:49 AM

generally I like to raise small donkbets but would just call here.

We have no draw just 2 overs and the flop is not scary enough (no picture cards) to raise with air. With 2 oponents I would have to have a strong read they like to fold, their most likely holdings are PP, SC, Axs so it's very likely one of them hit a part of this flop or will skillfully put us on AK (as seen on TV) and refuse to part with his 66,88.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raisy daisy

edit: wait...with 3 ppl...it depends on the other players. never folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

I don't like getting carried away with cbets in a pot like this. EP could easily be looking to 3bet and button could yet have hit something on that flop. Your KcQc probably isn't that good here. I'm more likely to call and maybe bet if its quiet between your call and your action on the turn card... lots of money to be lost cbetting multiway pots... Especially OOP.