Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew Thread: March(LC/NC goes here)**

[ QUOTE ]
So because I don't have a "job" my step-dad is threatening to move out of our house and end his relationship with my mom. What's my line?

[/ QUOTE ]

HU4ROLLZ obv
Old 03-31-2007, 01:06 AM

I thought this might be of interest for those of you who don't play on stars so didn't get the email about it.

Live coverage of the final table of the Monte Carlo event today
http://www.eptlive.com/
Old 03-31-2007, 01:18 AM

As I sit here eating the pizza and breadsticks I ordered (holla), I have time to reflect and whatever.

I think I'm a spewtard and I need to stop sucking so bad because the 50nl game at FTP is retardedly easy. I've probably spewed off 3 buyins to MF28 alone on one day during a tilt-induced session. I'm sure there have been others too.

I like to think that I'm the best player at 50nl on FTP, even though I'm far from it. I think I could be if I didn't try to spew so badly against regulars so I can get action later because I know I'll get the action anyways, but I wanna establish that "I'm a bad LAG/TAG" image.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess I'm gonna try to stop spewing from now on. (lol it only took me over a year to figure that one out.. spew = lose money)

/end rant.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:39 AM

I'm right there with ya thac.. I go on my tilt sessions when my raise gets 3 bet by a nit for the 50th time and i'm like well he can't have it this time.. lol
Old 03-31-2007, 01:43 AM

I can't even tell you how many times I've shoved J8s or 86s against a nitty 3-bettor when I know it's completely dumb and they have a monster every damn time. But I just get so agitated when I'm not winning pots.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:14 AM

OMG that is totally me. I really need to get into my head that at the uNL good play isn't running over tables picking up small pots but extracting the maximum with decent hands. Everytime I forget this, I start spewing and lose a couple of BIs. Then I sit down, think about it and concentrate on extracting, I go up again. It's just when you win for a period of time, you think you can pwn these people badly and actually move down on their level. I don't think uNL is the place for running over tables, because there is too much (semi-)bluffing involved. And you don't make a cut with that on levels full of calling stations.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:16 AM

I think
uNL= learn to extract the most from bad players, so you know how to do this when you meet one of those on the higher levels, because you won't have many chances to get their money, because they are giving it away too fast.
higher levels = learn to run over tables that are full of nits etc.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My learning curve at 10NL

[/ QUOTE ]
You didn't "learn to push more often when ahead". You're just running sick hot. Also, start playing more hands.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:33 AM

donkingfishy on FTP 50nl, you can NOT handle the amount of tables you're playing. Please cut back, because waiting on you to time out every time I steal your blind is very monotonous.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Aggro villains, woot woot??

This is kinda LC so I bring this up here rather than in a new thread.

I've noticed that a lot of time we 2+2'ers (including myself) assume that our average 25nl/50nl villains are playing their draws aggressively when we play and give strategy advice over here, e.g. raising flops with flushdraws and 3-bet shoving combo-draws on the flop etc. This obviously has a huge impact on our decision-making progress.

I got into thinking that how often are they actually doing this? After all, not everyone is an aggressive 2+2'er who 'plays draws aggro to get action on big hands'. What do you think?

[please notice that this might just be results-orientated thinking]
Closed Thread