Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: statism day one

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Police are funded to the degree the people who fund them feel they can provide security -- any funding beyond that point leads to intrusion and oppression.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO since the police provide virtually no security, we should be giving them virtually no money ?? sounds perfect to me when do we start ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the police did just their job, it would take approximately 100 of them to work NYC, and around 75-80 to work L.A. Pay them what they make now, and imagine the money that is suddenly freed to come back to the taxpayer!
Old 09-23-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You go to sleep a free man in a somewhat organized society. When you wake up, you discover that the entire government bureaucracy has disappeared overnight. You neighbors or others have sent a bulldozer over to level your house in order to make way for a new facility they feel they need to maximize the return of their property. When you object, the neighbors and the posse they can afford to pay and arm reminds you that you've tacitly consented to this treatment by virtue of your presence, and then shoot you in the head.

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Quoted for bad understanding of ACism.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh that's right, this could never happen, because everyone respects property in AC land...by definition (otherwise it's not AC, duh).
Old 09-23-2007, 03:42 PM

Wake up and realize life in these United States is not like that. I woke up and spent time in my pool, went to a lovely farmer's market, read the newspaper, which was extremely critical of the government, and browsed on the internet, looking at whatever cites my heart desired.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:26 PM

Woke up and this happened:

life savings lol.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You go to sleep a free man in a somewhat organized society. When you wake up, you discover that the entire government bureaucracy has disappeared overnight. You neighbors or others have sent a bulldozer over to level your house in order to make way for a new facility they feel they need to maximize the return of their property. When you object, the neighbors and the posse they can afford to pay and arm reminds you that you've tacitly consented to this treatment by virtue of your presence, and then shoot you in the head.

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL IRONYAMENTS.

This is basically the exact post that I was mocking with the OP.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Quoted for bad understanding of ACism.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh that's right, this could never happen, because everyone respects property in AC land...by definition (otherwise it's not AC, duh).

[/ QUOTE ]
Not everybody is needed. Either way that wasn't the point I was making. But feel free the flame away.