Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 01:27 PM

Default statism day one

You go to sleep a free man. When you wake up, you discover that a huge government bureaucracy has sprung up overnight. They have sent a bulldozer over to level your house in order to make way for a new indoctrination facility. When you object, the bureaucrat reminds you that you've tacitly consented to this treatment by virtue of your presence, and then shoots you in the head.

Now what?
Old 01-06-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Re: statism day one

[ QUOTE ]
You go to sleep a free man. When you wake up, you discover that a huge government bureaucracy has sprung up overnight. They have sent a bulldozer over to level your house in order to make way for a new indoctrination facility. When you object, the bureaucrat reminds you that you've tacitly consented to this treatment by virtue of your presence, and then shoots you in the head.

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little frustrated about the AC-mock-fest going on in the other thread? This post should be in that thread.

EDIT: Can I suggest an AC board so that this endless debate, and all other posts questioning the legitimacy of the state can be had there? I count 4 threads related to AC among the first 10 listed on this forum.

Or, conversely, can I suggest the creation of a Politics Forum, while this forum be renamed the Anarcho-Capitalist Forum, to reflect its true nature?
Old 01-06-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

After all, the plans were on public display at the new Planning Office for a full six hours.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:43 PM

Of course we evil statists recognize the fact that there are such things as illegitimate states, and one that behaved in such a fashion would be one. Unfortunately in AC I have no instutionalized recourse against personal violence of this sort other than to go hire someone with more guns to perpetuate the cycle, or hope that my family or friends do so if I do indeed take a bullet in the noggin.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:48 PM

How can you call this an AC forum when there's an entire thread mocking it?
Old 01-06-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you call this an AC forum when there's an entire thread mocking it?

[/ QUOTE ]

By "AC Forum", I don't mean that there's alot of AC supporters here; just that the only topic of conversation is AC/the legitimacy of the state/taxation -- which is, of course, an exaggeration; but I don't think it's THAT much of an exaggeration.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Resignation Day One

[ QUOTE ]
When you object, the bureaucrat reminds you that you've tacitly consented to this treatment by virtue of your presence, and then shoots you in the head. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]
For any of your survivors who were willing to spin that cylinder one more time, the UN would be the proper forum to present grievances. The UN would certainly issue some sort of strongly worded statement assuring the world of it's commitment to human rights. They might even get a good lunch out of the deal (the food is great over there).
Old 01-06-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little frustrated about the AC-mock-fest going on in the other thread? This post should be in that thread.

EDIT: Can I suggest an AC board so that this endless debate, and all other posts questioning the legitimacy of the state can be had there? I count 4 threads related to AC among the first 10 listed on this forum.

Or, conversely, can I suggest the creation of a Politics Forum, while this forum be renamed the Anarcho-Capitalist Forum, to reflect its true nature?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have intellectually stimulating debates about AC than read another 50 "Bush lied" threads.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather have intellectually stimulating debates about AC than read another 50 "Bush lied" threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

The good news is that we are now in an election year. Those posters who live in states with an interesting Senate, House or other race coming up can regale us with what is happening there.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are intellectually stimulating debates about AC going on here?