Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2007, 02:15 PM

Default $10NL Flopped Set Monotone Board

I'm working on a bunch of stuff in my game. I've been 'bobbing' last 5k hands w/in $100. Popped in $200 more and started playing more aggro last 1500 hands - bleeding quickly at -6BB and not due to variance. Lots of issues - one is extracting value and another is knowing when to fold.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $5.25
UTG: $23.20
BTN: $7.30
Hero (SB): $10.65

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">BB raises to $0.20</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.40) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.80</font>, Hero?

If it wasn't a push above
Turn: Hero?

What's the best way to extract here? At what point to I become worried if I've called the flop and a scare card comes on the turn (in other words, if there's $5 in the pot and say $50 behind instead of $3 and $3)? If it is a diamond let it go to an oversized bet or check-call and hope it doesn't get too pricey on the river?

Without commenting on this hand's results: my lean right now is to shove (edit: in those $50 behind situations) and I wind up losing people (or trapping myself lol).

Edit: Yeah, I hadn't been calling OOP with PP but didn't want to raise because of stack sizes not being deep enough.