Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 06:26 PM

Default NL25SH QJo flopped TP + OESD unraised family pot

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($34.25)
CO ($25)
Button ($23.95)
SB ($41.75)
Hero ($24.90)
UTG ($39.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25, MP calls $1.25, CO folds, Button folds.

Turn: ($5) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4.5</font>, Hero folds, MP calls $4.50.

River: ($14) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: $14

I feel that the flop call is not the best (is it the worst?) play, a raise would be better to protect my TPGK, also it limits the field.

SB plays a solid 19/12 style and seems somehow reasonable, so I played here like a mouse and just called :-( Whats my line here?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: NL25SH QJo flopped TP + OESD unraised family pot

You flopped a good but not great made hand and a decent but not great draw (as OESDs go, your one-card OESD on a two-flush board is relatively weak). And you've got a TAG leading the full pot into four players on a very drawish flop, with you being the first after the TAG to act. I'm not thrilled by any of my options, but calling seems like a reasonable compromise.

When the TAG fires a near pot-sized bet on the turn into two players, I'm thinking the situation is not looking too good, and folding is frustrating but fine. There's some chance you are currently best, but if you're not, you don't have any fully clean outs, especially with MP also still in the pot.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: NL25SH QJo flopped TP + OESD unraised family pot

hey Nick C thanks for the advice, I really felt uncomfortable playing this flop, I do not want to get the pot big, and if SB re-raises again I maybe have to call :-(

So a fold is not that bad and I feel happy :-)