Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Some big pairs again

Recently I had a lot of big pairs in one session. I played the second hand very poorly, I probably somehow got affected. On the first hand I had no specific reads as I was new to the table.

Hand 1:
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)
Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.35.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (7.80 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.40 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.40 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.40 BB

Hand 2:
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Hand 3:
UTG+2 53/8/ 2.00 (36 hands)
BB no information
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (12.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 21.20 BB
Old 07-10-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Some big pairs again

you will get better responses if you post 1 hand at a time.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:59 PM

Hand 1:
Set over set with you on the winning side. It's time to cap river for value. Slow played QJ or AQ?

Hand 2:
Raise or fold flop depending on reads.

Hand 3:
Without reads it's hard to decipher. Could BB CC with 55, 66, 78 or a hand that contains a 9 (A0s, K9s?)? Would he RR 99? Bad, bad river when you get trapped between the two. I don't think I could find a fold here anywhere.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:19 PM

Hand 1 - Gotta raise, you know 98% of the time he doesn't have QQ because he didn't 3 bet pre

Hand 2 - I think it's tough for you to have the best hand 3 handed here. You can safely fold turn if not flop. At this level, Ax looks strong to most players.

Hand 3 - This is an easy fold on the turn. You have 4 flop callers, a bet to you and two behind? You look way behind to me.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:20 PM

Hand 1: Raise the river for value, please. If MP2 has QQ he is an idiot for not raising preflop. Most of the time, you have the best hand here. 34 is very unlikely given turn action.

Hand 2:
Flop: Small pot, middle pair + one-card gutshot to the nuts. Raise or fold. Do NOT call.
Turn: You HAVE to bet here, but when check-raised (lol wtf??? bb bets the flop then c/r the turn?!?!?), you can safely fold. You are behind here most of the time and drawing to at most 6 outs (I'd discount them to 4-5 outs because you might split if you hit your straight). You get 1:4 odds. Fold.
River: Raise or fold b/c of SB behind you. You do not want overcallers (with weak aces) here. I tend to fold b/c of BB's strength, you are not good 1 in 10 times against both players, and not good 1 in 5 (maybe even less if BB 3-bets) times against BB alone.

Hand 3:
Flop: Standard
Turn: Raise here. If you are afraid of the nine, play weak-tight poker and let go. Flush draws aint gonna fold here, but your target is weak draws... If BB has a nine, so be it. But you have aces up and are good against any two pair here (even though BB's donkbet is a little bit scary). If BB 3-bets here you can be sure that you are behind and call. By calling, you gained no information at all.
River: UTG+2's river raise indicated that he hit the king and has kings up (not kings full, where he would've raised the turn), and BB's 3-bet... well... you get 1:9 odds here... I don't know.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:30 PM

hand 1 : of course cap river

hand 2 : bet and fold turn(u need Q and even then ure not even sure u win,i think u would need around 17-1 to call here wich u are far from it)

hand 3 : i like infinity here:
"Raise here. If you are afraid of the nine, play weak-tight poker and let go. Flush draws aint gonna fold here, but your target is weak draws... "

if they all call ure raise on turn and BB 3-bet u fold speed of light...if they only call then u c/c river or bet river if u only face BB(when all the other behind u fold on turn)
Old 07-10-2007, 03:35 PM

Grunch

Hand 1:
I think I'm raising this river since MP2 just called. QQ is possible here but 55/22/crap are just as likely from BB. If MP2 wakes up and raises, I probably just call down and either lose to BB's QQ, lose to MP2's messed up straight, or take down the pot with them deciding to pump my pot.

Hand 2:
I pop this flop and see how they react. As played, I fold the turn after being ch/raised. If I'm somehow still in the hand on that river I really don't think I can call down.

Hand 3:
Good flop raise. I most likely slow-down on the turn as well. I can't call two on that river, with UTG+2 waking up after being relatively quiet here rather than bumping at every chance, I expect him to show down at least the trips.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:05 PM

Thanx, interesting reads. I should have raised the river, I really don't know why not. I was very confident that I had that pot because of the pf action.
I played the hand 2 poorly, either raise or fold on the flop. Thanx for that hint.
I hoped to see a cheap river for hand 3 and couldn't let my acces go, have to learn that.
Someone interested in the results?