Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: How big of a deal?

Funny, I have the tellers at my bank pretty much trained. They only keep about $2000 in their drawers at the counter.

When they see me walk in the door, one of the tellers automatically heads for the vault for more cash, so they will have it by the time I get thru the line and to the teller.

I am thinking of talking to the manager to set up a VIP line, kind of like in Vegas, so I don't have to wait so long.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:46 AM

Pay the fee for cashiers checks-if your account is big enough they may not charge a fee. Easy and safe.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:25 AM

I was given the runaround when I withdrew a similar amount from my local bank. I finally told them I was leaving for Vegas, they handed me the cash and said "HAVE FUN!"
Old 02-24-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The main teller laidy said in a real nasty condecending tone "what do you need this much cash for anyhow?!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer below

Old 02-24-2007, 01:20 PM

before a vegas trip a few years ago i went to my bank and tried to take out 10k. this must have raised suspicions as they did a signature check and some other security stuff and i had to talk to the manager. then they said they could only give me 5k bc they simply dont keep enough cash on hand. i was told i could go to another branch and get more or they could write me a check which i could cash in vegas. i opted for the check which was a mistake as the scumbag money changer in vegas charged like 5% or something absolutely outragous. ya, that felt good after dropping 4k in an hr in a 40 game.

as i was leaving the teller asked me what i was doing with so much cash. she was hot little blond from eastern europed with a sexy accent. i think my bank imports them bc they are cheaper. her name was bella. i proudly told her i was going to vegas to make a fortune playing poker. she seemed geniunely concerned. omg, pls dont lose all that money she purred. dont worry honey, im gonna come back with double. she perked up and said she couldnt wait to see me again. ahh, yes my plan was in place.

then i lost it all in vegas and havent been back.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IThe main teller laidy said in a real nasty condecending tone "what do you need this much cash for anyhow?!" and my friend replied "we're drug dealers ok?" like all offended.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this would change the outcome, but if anyone had the nerve to ask me that my reply would be "I don't see how it's any of your business".
Old 02-24-2007, 05:19 PM

At my local Chase bank, I get crap from the tellers all the time. Every once in a while, I'll go to Windsor to play in the uncapped 10/20 game. I normally withdraw 7-8K and they always throw a fit and ask me why I need so much cash. After the third time, I spoke with the branch manager about this and they said it was protocol to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid with my money. It's a lame response and basically just allowing the tellers to be nosy (all between 35-50 year old women). I just tell them I'm going to play poker, but next time I need a good amount of cash, I'm gonna tell them it's none of their business.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At my local Chase bank, I get crap from the tellers all the time. Every once in a while, I'll go to Windsor to play in the uncapped 10/20 game. I normally withdraw 7-8K and they always throw a fit and ask me why I need so much cash. After the third time, I spoke with the branch manager about this and they said it was protocol to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid with my money. It's a lame response and basically just allowing the tellers to be nosy (all between 35-50 year old women). I just tell them I'm going to play poker, but next time I need a good amount of cash, I'm gonna tell them it's none of their business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll usually make a fairly large wire transfer to the Bellagio or something before I go to Vegas, and my bank guys think it's the coolest thing ever.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll usually make a fairly large wire transfer to the Bellagio or something before I go to Vegas, and my bank guys think it's the coolest thing ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-24-2007, 07:05 PM

Wire Transfer and its not even close. So much more balla