Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:55 PM

Default .10/.20 pstars

Ill start of by saying I have no specific issue with this hand other then I am trying to dig into specific aspects of my game. I would appreciate it if some people could take the time and analyze my play through the entire hand strictly from clean limit poker stand point.

Im currently building a bankroll on pokerstars from $10 (up to $50 currently) which is going well but the real objective is that my knowledge of the game will increase as the limits do. Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time

I had just sat at the table a few hands before so I have no reads to offer.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

River: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 11-20-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: .10/.20 pstars

there will be a lot of posts after mine telling you what to do. this is what you want to hear.

but if you want to get better, you need to think about and answer these questions:

why did you donk the flop?

why did you check the river?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 PM

I would c/r this flop u have a NFD &amp; GS with 1 over that may still be live (the T prolly should be discounted due to anyone holding a 7). Then lead turn.

As played u need to bet that river.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:10 PM

I believe you missed a value bet on the river there. Any reason for checking?

Flop: Seems like UTG have UI overs. Button could be raising TP or on a draw for a "free" card. I dont mind donking but c/r might be better.

Turn: You donk and he calls. Could still be a draw or TP calling down. If you're against an aggresive opponent you could go for a c/r here. Very read dependent (got any?).

River: As already mentioned, bet here. You have no reason to think a K changes anything. Bet for value
Old 11-20-2007, 06:11 PM

Preflop is fine.

I lead this flop. Your objective on the flop is to get as many bets in as possible. You have excellent equity here. When the button raises I think I would three bet. One or both of those callers will call two more bets here sometimes and that is good for you.

Once you get to the turn I don't mind donking into the flop raiser when the ace hits.

On the river you have no reason to suspect that you are behind and no reason to think the button will bet for you. You must value bet this river. If you get raised by the button because he hit two pair with a hand like K9 then you lose an extra bet, but more often you will get paid off by a worse hand.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:29 PM

quick follow up question.. if someone could quickly explain what was wrong with betting out on the flop.. besides not having hit anything I knew I had a bunch of outs and I will admit sometimes I get in love with building up pots on flush draws although I do know how to fold them.

I checked the river for a few reasons, most of which probably arent smart. One was I had a feeling I was beat, so I could just call the bet.. and it didnt occur to me to 3 bet the raise.

Keep the comments/criticism coming

Old 11-20-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quick follow up question.. if someone could quickly explain what was wrong with betting out on the flop.. besides not having hit anything i knew I had a bunch of outs and I will admit sometimes I get in love with flush draws although I do know how to fold them

[/ QUOTE ]
Mainly due to your relative position to the PF raiser. Notice how if UTG bets &amp; everyone calls u r last to act &amp; u can trap the whole field for an extra bet. The reason you want to trap the field is because you have a very strong draw.

Now if you bet &amp; UTG raises he may fold out the field leaving it HU, you want those extra players in there providing money if/when u hit ur draw.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:39 PM

Grunch:

Preflop: As played

Flop: I think I would check to the PFR and raise given the chance since I figure we have 12 clean outs...9 for FD, 2 for SB and 1 for overcard pair of A

Turn: I bet and call down if raised and bet river if just called.

River: Check...I guess Button may have a busted SD but could have something like K9 or 8 or 6 sooted so Button folds hand I can beat and raise with ones that beat me.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I checked the river for a few reasons, most of which probably arent smart. One was I had a feeling I was beat, so I could just call the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
So if u were willing to call 1 bet why not bet that yourself because he will call with all his pairs that you do beat. Also I can't see why u would think you were beat either, did you put him on KK/K9/K8/K6?

FWIW the only reason to check the river is if u put him on a draw &amp; u think he may try to bluff on the river with his busted draw (this is not a good spot for that btw), or you expect him to fold if u bet but will bet if checked to. However since you played a stop n go there is very little chance of this happening unless your opponent is completely stupid.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:03 PM

welcome

[ QUOTE ]
if someone could quickly explain what was wrong with betting out on the flop.. besides not having hit anything

[/ QUOTE ]

the first part has already been covered so Ill comment on the bolded part. this is rather negative thinking. Whilst you only have Ace High this is a great flop for you in a multiway pot. When you flop alot of outs one of your objectives is to get as many of your opponents to put as any bets into the pot. I hope you see why.