Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: My friend drives drunk

just start lecturing him on all your global warming [censored] and he'll be passed out before he can find his keys
Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Recent immigrants, mostly Hispanic. Many of them don't even have a valid license and they're not used to U.S traffic laws. Plus they like to drink lots of Tequila"

classic

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite true. All you have to do is tie yourself onto your burro and slap his ass, and you'll wind up at home even if you fall asleep blind drunk halfway there. Many Mexicans don't realize a car can't drive itself if you pass out driving it.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:48 PM

wtf don't call the cops on him, take his keys and/or fight him for them, but don't call the cops, that's some [censored] you can't take back. beating his ass to keep him from driving drunk is ok, imo calling the cops is a hugely dick move and you may as well ditch him as a friend before you even go out if you plan on doing this.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully some people will chime in with some practical solutions that won't cost him his job though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Waki,
This is the second time you mentioned your friend's job.

Is this your friend?

Also, please respond to the questions in my last post as they will help us come up with solutions.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf don't call the cops on him, take his keys and/or fight him for them, but don't call the cops, that's some [censored] you can't take back. beating his ass to keep him from driving drunk is ok, imo calling the cops is a hugely dick move and you may as well ditch him as a friend before you even go out if you plan on doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confident that if I met them I would hate anyone who does not agree with this sentiment.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:51 PM

Just go to a racetrack with him (maybe kart or something..)
have fun for a couple of laps, take a break, get him wasted.
Now get back on track and make him realize that his driving might be affected by the booze.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just start lecturing him on all your global warming [censored] and he'll be passed out before he can find his keys

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this post rocks. I was talking to a girl tonight who is absolutely in love with the outdoors. She was telling me about her visit to the telescopes in Hawaii and then somehow she ended up asking me why the Hubble telescope needs to be in space. My answer literally put her to sleep.

I ROXORZ!!!!!!!!!1111111
Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 PM

syphon gas from tank. fill with non-combustible substance of choice.

Remove tires.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:57 PM

most of the answers in this thread really suck. calling the cops is the single bitchest thing you can ever do if you consider this guy remotely your friend. don't do this. you're just as well off planting blow in his car or hiding a dirty gun in his laundry bin. the cheesy "explain such-and-such" to him doesn't work. here's why:

everyone knows that driving drunk is a bad idea when they are sober. alcohol impairs your judgment, including your judgment about how it's impairing your judgment vis a vis driving.

eg none of this cheesy [censored] will work, but calling the cops is the worst idea here, and i would bet that most of the people touting that idea here would pussy out bigtime if it were one of their friends. it's easy to say when you aren't personally involved.

you basically just need to force him to take a cab, or give him a ride, or take his keys. all of my friends and i go out drinking regularly and invariably someone will try to drive home too drunk to drive. we just take his keys and/or distract him until we can get a cab and/or rough him up and take his keys. it sucks, but it's easily the best option.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confident that if I met them I would hate anyone who does not agree with this sentiment.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my initial gut reaction. But at the same time I've lost several friends to drunk drivers. One of my friends even took an on ramp when he was supposed to be taking an off ramp. His best friend and both of their girlfriends died while he lived. He faced 3 counts of manslaughter but amazingly didn't spend a day in jail. Apparently the family members forgave him. He was very very very lucky.

In short I understand both opinions. I don't want my friend to face manslaughter charges and I don't want to cost him his job. This whole situation is so messed up it's pissing me off. I think guids is right and i just need to kick him in the nuts.