Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 08:59 PM

Default how stupid does the ap poll get?

usc #9 over south florida, kentucky and florida? are you f'n kidding me???????? sorry but any one of those 3 teams would crush usc......at usc's present state.

the polls got it all wrong, they dont even have ucla in the top 25.

i'm telling anyone who cares that the 4 best teams out there is lsu, florida, kentucky and south florida.......in no particular order. they have been playing the toughest games.

ohio state? who have they beat? i always knew cal was phoney and now theyre where they should be. oklahoma has been historically phoney.......they already lost an easy one and they'll lose another down the road when it counts.......like they always do.

boston college? meh.

hands down.......your 4 bcs teams, south florida, florida, lsu and kentucky. yeah, they lost some tough games but thats exactly the point......they were tough games. these 4 teams play really really good.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: how stupid does the ap poll get?

ty for your opinion

it's not the 4 'best' teams in any poll

people vote for different reasons--who has done the best on the field, who in their opinion is the best, who will be the best at the end

if you look at win/losses on the field, the 4 undefeateds have done better than LSU my proof

personally, I think LSU is the 'best' team

however, there are no awards for being the best team, only for the best W/L results on the field
Old 10-25-2007, 09:11 PM

let me guess... you live in either Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama or Georgia
Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 PM

well, the ap's opinion sux.

look at south florida's defense. its electric. yeah, they threw in a dud against rutgers but you cant come in on all cylinders every week. south florida is very very good.

yes, i agree.......i think lsu is the best well rounded team out there. they are physical.

florida is damn good too. teebo........enough said. i'll tell you what, put teebo on south florida and its all over.

kentucky is very very physical and they got a ton of heart. those guys can play 4 quarters of tough football. they look very strong. they personally shown me they can win. they can win any game any where. i'll use them to my advantage when they get some undeserving bowl game and they get a disrespectful spread. easy money. they lost the last one and i was sad but they also came off an epic game at lsu......i expected them to come flat the next week.

the polls should really start taking those things into account. records dont mean anything. judge a team by the performance on a field.

the 4 teams i mentioned are the best on the field. you cant find one team in college who has a clear edge over any of those 4 teams. thus.......they are the best.

i'm sayin this right now........i want to see if ohio state can whip penn state this weekend......if they do, i still wont be convinced.......but its a start. right now, i say ohio doesnt beat penn state. tough game in penn.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let me guess... you live in either Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama or Georgia

[/ QUOTE ]

hell no, i live down the road from stanford and i'm a diehard air force fan.........one of the last teams who still run the option offense.

i'm just getting sick of some of these seasons ending off with a thud......like last year or the year when usc whipped oklahoma when anyone with half a brain knew that auburn should have played usc that year.

these polls and comittee's suck.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 PM

you're wrong....I put a link to a math method that evaluates teams based on win/losses on the road

those teams that are undefeated have out-performed every team you mentioned in terms of win/losses even accounting for schedules
Old 10-25-2007, 09:40 PM

it never freaking matters who you think is the best team...thats not what polls are ever based on. BC or Ohio State if undefeated in a major conference are always gonna be ahead of 1-loss teams that are prolly better than them. Get over it
Old 10-25-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're wrong....I put a link to a math method that evaluates teams based on win/losses on the road

those teams that are undefeated have out-performed every team you mentioned in terms of win/losses even accounting for schedules

[/ QUOTE ]

arrrrgh, i havent had the pleasure of watching kansas play to judge them.

please dont give me a math example. it means nothing to me. math doesnt account for other intangibles like heart and grit and toughness.

however, i do agree with oregon. i watch them play and they have a good team......minus the quarter back and you have a contender.
i'm watching boston college right now and i dont see anything speacial about them. i'm not knocking them because their losing the game right now. i'm knocking them because as a team, i dont see anything that stands out. they look decent at best.

this weekend is going to tell us what we need to know about ohio state. i watched them last week and i wasnt impressed at all. i love ohio state personally but i look at football with unbiased eyes.

lsu
florida
south florida
kentucky

bring on anyone against them.

oh yeah, put teebo in oregon and its all over too.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please dont give me a math example. it means nothing to me. math doesnt account for other intangibles like heart and grit and toughness.

[/ QUOTE ]

All his method does is say who has the most impressive wins and least bad losses! If "intangibles" help a team win then they should already be accounted for. Unless you're arguing that those four teams haven't shown any "heart and grit and toughness" so far this season but that they're about to do so now.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:55 PM

the question isn't whether any of those teams would beat lsu, florida, USF, or kentucky, it's whether those teams have earned the right on the field to be ahead---they have not