Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Stud8 - rolled up 8s

Too aggressive? I didn't think too much about what I was doing. 5th street is the tricky street I think, where seat 4 represents a made low and seat 7 a flushdraw. Should I still jam?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0,50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (5.50 SB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (6.75 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls

6th Street - (19.75 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (22.75 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (24.75 BB - $148,50) [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Stud8 - rolled up 8s

I can't imagine not jamming 5th. I get a little worried on 6th after he catches the 3 and I might check since I don't think you want him to raise out Seat 7. I put him on a FD and lots of diamonds are dead.

I might consider a C/R on the river and see if you can squeeze out another bet out of Seat 7.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get a little worried on 6th after he catches the 3 and I might check since I don't think you want him to raise out Seat 7. I put him on a FD and lots of diamonds are dead.

I might consider a C/R on the river and see if you can squeeze out another bet out of Seat 7.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the advice here is pretty naive, Seat 7 surely understands he will be sandwiched between us raising anyway. If he called on 5th why wouldn't he on 6th and river?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he called on 5th why wouldn't he on 6th and river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he missed his draw?

I like the way you played this one. Nice hand.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:40 AM

i like it although i think checking 7th is the correct play.

however in spots like this i'm usually not thinking and just zomg fullhouse BET BET BET
Old 11-12-2007, 06:09 AM

If he pays full price to draw on fifth he will on sixth too. Do you really think he will bet out the river with a made flush when I've shown uber-agression just because I check? If he believes I have a straight on 5th I think he will raise with his flush anyway. If he misses his hand we are not getting more bets out of him.

I'm still not so sure about fifth street. Suppose seat 4 has a made low. Then half of whatever is put in is given to seat 4. I am a favorite to win the other half, but I may be up against a straight draw and a flushdraw... and I'm not so sure I have 33 % equity in this spot. On the other hand, we should factor in the possibility that seat 4 does not have a low, right?

edit: I just checked twodimes and if we give seat 4 34 down I am more or less neutral equity, so I guess jamming is ok
Old 11-12-2007, 12:47 PM

c/r the field on 6th street please, seat 4 is betting EVERY TIME. The guy has the nut low in his eyes, take advantage of this fact.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine not jamming 5th. I get a little worried on 6th after he catches the 3 and I might check since I don't think you want him to raise out Seat 7. I put him on a FD and lots of diamonds are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine playing this hand much differently. Filling up could get you a scoop here, as it's likely the low draw is still drawing on all streets. The player with the flush draw is drawing to the 2nd best hand, and doesn't even know it= the gas pipe.