Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 11-19-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Brag: I shot 3 deer in the last 2 weeks.

i think hunting would be way more awesome if it was just you vs the deer and you only have a knife and the desire to become one with our ancestral hunter natural man. cover yourself in [censored] to disguise your scent etc etc. that would be hunting imo.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:28 PM

i don't understand why this is a brag, is shooting an animal the size of a deer while it's standing still grazing or drinking, completely oblivious to your presence, really that much of an accomplishment? i've never hunted myself, but i don't think you really have to be an expert marksman to kill a deer

i mean if you killed a deer in hand to hand combat, or even with a knife, i'd probably be pretty impressed, but i don't see how shooting a dumb animal that doesn't know you are lurking in the distance about to fire a rifle at it, is the slightest bit sporting or bragworthy
Old 11-19-2007, 04:29 PM

give me a semiautomatic assault rifle and let me sit outside your house

yeah who's the tough guy now

p.s. you look funny in that orange outfit
Old 11-19-2007, 04:33 PM

Please be shipping me some venison jerky. Grabbed some from relatives in Pittsburgh last week but it is almost gone.

Deer is good eatin'.

KJS
Old 11-19-2007, 04:33 PM

Hi I'm here on behalf of the west coast liberal elite to saw that op is horrible for shooting a poor defenseless deer. Why don't you make some use of yourself and kill a bear?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand why this is a brag, is shooting an animal the size of a deer while it's standing still grazing or drinking, completely oblivious to your presence, really that much of an accomplishment? i've never hunted myself, but i don't think you really have to be an expert marksman to kill a deer

i mean if you killed a deer in hand to hand combat, or even with a knife, i'd probably be pretty impressed, but i don't see how shooting a dumb animal that doesn't know you are lurking in the distance about to fire a rifle at it, is the slightest bit sporting or bragworthy

[/ QUOTE ]

No its not too hard. There is a lot of work involved most are oblivious too. Deer arent dumb and they have the internets now are will soon be our mod, meaning the species is highly evolving.

Getting a 9 pt is impressive, although deer hunting is not done for its difuculty or trophy hunting. its done more for family and friend bondig and a once a year get together. other game animals are for trophy hunting. if thousands of deer werent killed each year in Minnesota the number of traffic deaths would be much higher. With the mild winters they are too abundant and in the city i live in (pop. >90K) u can get an intown deer hunting license. this is not the politics forum
Old 11-19-2007, 04:37 PM

i hit one with my car this last weekend, that sends a much more threatening message imo...step your game up
Old 11-19-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please be shipping me some venison jerky. Grabbed some from relatives in Pittsburgh last week but it is almost gone.

Deer is good eatin'.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ] nom nom nom
Old 11-19-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i've never hunted myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously
Old 11-19-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think it would be more rewarding to find injured animals and choke them out UFC-style than shooting healthy ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP