Brown vs. DEN 1 8.33%
Taylor @ SF 5 41.67%
Green @ BUF 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, bloomberg was the guy who said to watch out for sweaty arabs in the NYC subways because they might be terrorists, take it as u will

[/ QUOTE ]

When did Bloomberg say that? He has always been anti-profiling as I recall and don't remember that kind of verbal screw up.

On Torre: There are many reasons to change the Yankees manager -- I know that I called for his firing in May or June -- but losing the ALDS this year is not one of them. The fact that this has gotten tied so tightly with the outcome of that series (by Steinbrenner, of course) has really clouded up the issue.

Edit: And Bloomberg rides the subway all the time -- actually not sure if he still does, but in the early years of his reign as mayor, he was known for taking the subway from the Upper Eastside to City Hall.

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember reading it (nytimes?) and thought it was hiliarous that bloomberg would consider sweaty people to be nervous and suspicious, no matter what their ethnicity...

he definitely got made fun of it, don't think it was a big deal though...also, not sure if his experiences in the subway, that comment seemed to me that he rarely had been down there in the summer...

not to rehash the old argument, put some heat on torre, but steinbrenner really turned up the heat in the ALDS, and stupidly so imo
Old 10-18-2007, 12:36 PM

Manny is clearly not a brilliant guy, but he is also one of the greatest hitters (postseason or otherwise) of all time, so he can say/do what he wants imo.

That celebration after his down-by-4 HR was pretty bush though. Yet he still cracks me up most of the time.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:42 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

[ QUOTE ]
Manny is clearly not a brilliant guy, but he is also one of the greatest hitters (postseason or otherwise) of all time, so he can say/do what he wants imo.

That celebration after his down-by-4 HR was pretty bush though. Yet he still cracks me up most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope cc beans him today in the eighth while pitching a perfect game and leading 7-0. that would be so baller.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so funny how espn turns the manny comments into a national story but nobody here cares. maybe it's because everyone with a brain here knows manny is gonna play his heart out at every at bat. he's basically just saying we're gonna go play our best and see what happens. sounds good to me. you can't control the outcome of the game just like you can't control the cards in poker. seems like manny has a better grasp of the game than anyone in the media.. or this forum perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like Manny as he played great when he was with the Indians. He may be trying to take some of the heat off of the rest of team as he's a guy that's always handled the post season well and can certainly handle the extra attention.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i hope cc beans him today in the eighth while pitching a perfect game and leading 7-0. that would be so baller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitting him at any non-threatening time is the game is fine with me. He has it coming.

KJS
Old 10-18-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that would be so baller.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, about as balla as saying "baller", erkel.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitting him at any non-threatening time is the game is fine with me. He has it coming.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

oh please,give it a rest
Old 10-18-2007, 02:13 PM

Going to my last class now, then leaving for Game 5!!!!

Gogogogogogo Indians!!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Hahahahaha.

-AA
Old 10-18-2007, 02:15 PM

-drew was at the "optional" workouts, only ortiz (for obvious reasons), crisp and lugo weren't (according to dale and holley on weei)

-as craig pointed out, manny's comments were taken out of context w/ the rest of the article. obviously he's not giving up or anything.

-red sox BABIP on line drives is .380, indians BABIP on line drives is .706. this isn't something to complain about, but is ridiculously frustrating when almost every line drive the indians hit falls in and every line drive the red sox hit is right at someone. hopefully things even out tonight.