Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

Lol classic troll, make fake claim let a few people quote and then delete your post.

Classy.

[ QUOTE ]
This is so crazy. What was buy in and first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

That tournament was a $1000 + $50 tournament.

Add Josem to the list of people who deserve thanks. He kept this thing active during the times it seemed ready to vanish.

And I'm going to include Waco again just to make sure he catches it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know several people in CR that play poker online. The only poker room I've ever known that excluded CR players was America's Card Room. I'm sure there are more but it is not a common excluded country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party excludes CR players.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:13 PM

I'm not sure how the jurisdiction and laws work, but wouldn't a potential next step for one of the victims be to retain an attorney and have him file a complaint with Kahawake, other relevant organizations and subpoena Absolute for the identity of user #363 to confirm/deny if he is an Absolute employee?

While the evidence is compelling, if Absolute just issues a second denial and does nothing, what can you do besides boycott Absolute?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:18 PM

While of course the KGC is a joke, has anyone received any response to emails sent to them from the KGC?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how the jurisdiction and laws work, but wouldn't a potential next step for one of the victims be to retain an attorney and have him file a complaint with Kahawake, other relevant organizations and subpoena Absolute for the identity of user #363 to confirm/deny if he is an Absolute employee?

[/ QUOTE ]

The difficulty would be to find a court with jurisdiction over Absolute; presumably, that'd be in Costa Rica, and it may be difficult to launch an action there.

In addition, the costs of such an action may be larger than the risky chance of a refund/payout/whatever.

[ QUOTE ]
While the evidence is compelling, if Absolute just issues a second denial and does nothing, what can you do besides boycott Absolute?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only other action is to communicate these activities to their customers with a direct protest of some sort.

Some ideas off the top of my head:
a) email Absolute customers that we have email addresses for
b) contact advertising hosts to have them cease holding advertising for such frauds
c) sponsor search listings for people looking for absolute poker

Can anyone think of others?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is so crazy. What was buy in and first place? And, I gotta say that I'm speechless as to how you could only be a 3:1 chip disadvantage going into heads up. 10:1 would be insane enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marco shoved liked 30bbs with 55 and potripper snap called him with Q8... Marco won the race, and obv did a good job of adjusting to this guy ...
Old 10-15-2007, 11:22 PM

Has anyone actually thought on how he was getting the cards?
Any scenarios I can think of leads to AP having very poor software that have some kind of layer where this data can be leeched on live. Why in the world would anyone design their software to have this kind of layer is beyond me. It is a huge security risk and shouldnt be there.

If its some software made for support/security team, then they should have all the access to the central database tracked, so I dont think the insider would risk doing this (unless their software sucks ass in that it doesn't track this).

Kinda makes you think how incompetent other poker software is .. *cough* UB and PARTY *cough*
Old 10-15-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone actually thought on how he was getting the cards?

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume this is not a serious question.

If it is, you should read this thread. This point is discussed a few times.

[ QUOTE ]
Any scenarios I can think of leads to AP having very poor software that have some kind of layer where this data can be leeched on live. Why in the world would anyone design their software to have this kind of layer is beyond me. It is a huge security risk and shouldnt be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really should read this thread, especially looking for mentions of user #363.

[ QUOTE ]
If its some software made for support/security team, then they should have all the access to the central database tracked, so I dont think the insider would risk doing this (unless their software sucks ass in that it doesn't track this).

[/ QUOTE ]
You really should read this thread, especially looking for mentions of user #363.

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda makes you think how incompetent other poker software is .. *cough* UB and PARTY *cough*

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly confident that Party shares none of the same software or company processes as Absolute. UB, with the same owners, <u>may</u> share some processes/software that is vulnerable to the same problems as Absolute.

Needlessly scaremongering about other sites - when there is no evidence to support such scaremongering - is a very dangerous and irresponsible thing to do. Let's keep this discussion focused on stuff which is supported by evidence and logic.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c) sponsor search listings for people looking for absolute poker

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is a good idea. Basically just buy spots on google with a central fund. I know that I would contribute.
Closed Thread