Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

View Poll Results: Which of the following do you find more immoral?
George Allen's Macaca slur and lifetime of extremely racist behaviour. 34 77.27%
James Webb writing novels in which underaged characters engage in sexual relations. 10 22.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2007, 06:20 AM

Default Any interest in a tracking program for 2-7 TD?

I'm playing 2-7 TD on Stars for a while now, and it bugs me that there isn't a tracking program for it. So why not write one myself? I have a somewhat working version (still a dozen versions before alpha) that I could use for myself, but I was wondering how much interest there would be for such a program by other players.

So a few questions:
<ul type="square">[*]Is there any interest for such a piece of software?[*]Limit, NL?[*]The parser for Stars is pretty much done, are there other sites it should support?[*]What would you be willing to pay for such a piece of software?[*]Any stats or features you'd like to see?[/list]
Old 10-08-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Any interest in a tracking program for 2-7 TD?

I have been waiting for this for a long time. If its a familiar interface and is properly marketed the game of 2-7 might expand because of this tool.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:12 PM

This would make me a sad panda. One of the main reasons I like TD is that I don't have to play against people using PT.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:01 PM

I would pay lots of money for this... lots... and iron don't take this the wrong way but at the stakes you play the rake is a much bigger enemy to your winrate than pokertracker would ever be.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would pay lots of money for this... lots...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-08-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would make me a sad panda. One of the main reasons I like TD is that I don't have to play against people using PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Even though it would probably only be a marginal effect, mentally I like the fact that this doesn't exist in a wide spread fashion.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 AM

I am not considering doing a HUD or fancy-schmancy feature rich thingy like PokerTracker or Hold'em Manager. I'm just interested in keeping track of my hands and general stats (VPIP, how much I raise) and, of course, how much I win (not only pure $$, but also BB/100 hands).
Old 10-09-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Even though it would probably only be a marginal effect, mentally I like the fact that this doesn't exist in a wide spread fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you guys are saying. However, I think any bright eager individual who has an interest in learning TD will find a way to improve regardless. Not to mention I don't think 100% of the 2+2 TD players will even buy it.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not considering doing a HUD or fancy-schmancy feature rich thingy like PokerTracker or Hold'em Manager. I'm just interested in keeping track of my hands and general stats (VPIP, how much I raise) and, of course, how much I win (not only pure $$, but also BB/100 hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to report earnings on a session level at the end of the year to the IRS, this tool could help us do that.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:00 PM

Any progress on this?

I have also written a version for personal use that has actually turned out to be far more robust than I ever imagined. Really not sure how to begin to market/distribute/productionize. With some personal discussion, I'd consider licensing this to a few people. I probably have over 500 hours of my personal time invested in it, and given the probable very limited market, would ultimately need to charge a material amount to make it worth my time. Post or PM me if you're interested in discussing.