Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
Good 10 66.67%
Bad 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

Oh come on, saying that Arsenal took part in no wrongdoing here is just disingenuous.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 PM

no it isn't. There is no evidence they did anything wrong and weren't found guilty of anything
Old 11-06-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh come on, saying that Arsenal took part in no wrongdoing here is just disingenuous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arsenal was not fined by FIFA or any other governing body over the siging of Merida or Cece. Claiming one or both were "kidnapped" by Arsenal is disingenuous. My understanding of the both situations is that both players at one time or another believed that they would have significant obstacles to getting playing time. With the advice and help of their respective families and agents, the players "hid out" from the pre contract team and negotiated with English teams.

You may be reading too much into this quote [ QUOTE ]
"English teams will now think again before signing a young Spanish player," Madrid-based lawyer Rodrigo Garcia said. "It's an important ruling."

[/ QUOTE ]
story

In reality, there is no liability against the club, but with the player.

By the way, you must have missed this:
[ QUOTE ]

But if the Catalan club's court victory is upheld, it could prove disastrous for some British teams. In the UK, players can sign professional contracts at 16, two years earlier than in Spain, with the result that a number of Spanish teenagers have joined Premier League teams in the past four years, including Cesc Fabregas, who also left Barcelona for Arsenal, and Gerard Pique, who went to Manchester United .

[/ QUOTE ]

OOPS. At least Arsenal only kidnaps the good ones.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, you must have missed this:
[ QUOTE ]

But if the Catalan club's court victory is upheld, it could prove disastrous for some British teams. In the UK, players can sign professional contracts at 16, two years earlier than in Spain, with the result that a number of Spanish teenagers have joined Premier League teams in the past four years, including Cesc Fabregas, who also left Barcelona for Arsenal, and Gerard Pique, who went to Manchester United .

[/ QUOTE ]

OOPS. At least Arsenal only kidnaps the good ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha
Old 11-06-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, with you freaking out and swearing at someone over a minor inaccuracy, everyone else on the board is laughing WITH you. Totally not AT you. You seriously seem like you are afraid to have a civil discussion involving actual points while youre completely desperate to just bitch and call people names. Like I said before, I would be glad if you blocked me so I wouldnt have to read insults because youre an Arsenal fan who cant see anything clearly.

I mean dude you are still arguing that Arsenal did nothing wrong in signing Merida. I'm sure that nothing was the exact cause of them getting fined so much. The fact that I misread a sentence that you wrote where you forgot to use punctuation pretty much at all then in response you just call me names and insult my reading comprehension makes me feel like you're a totally reasonable guy... I couldn't make up a poster as big of a tunnel visioned homer as you are. Whether its making fun of me for being a fan of "big clubs" when youre an Arsenal fan is awesome. FWIW there has been a United Jersey from the treble season hanging over my bed since 1999 when I begged my dad to bring one back from England. So while I admit im way behind on some people here's football knowledge, you are certainly not one of them. Just shut up instead of saying stuff that is completely wrong and stupid imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you PITTM.

Us Manchester United/Barcelona/Juventus/Bayern Munich/Eindhoven/Lyonnais/Porto/Celtic/Steaua Bucuresti/CSKA Moscow/Dynamo Kyiv/Olympiacos/Boca Juniors/Chivas Guadalajara/D.C. United fans got to stick together.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:40 AM

HAHA at Oski and Ronald White.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm with you PITTM.

Us Manchester United/Barcelona/Juventus/Bayern Munich/Eindhoven/Lyonnais/Porto/Celtic/Steaua Bucuresti/CSKA Moscow/Dynamo Kyiv/Olympiacos/Boca Juniors/Chivas Guadalajara/D.C. United fans got to stick together.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome... but I think you forgot the Urawa Reds
Old 11-07-2007, 01:00 AM

It's pretty ignorant to say that Pique isn't a good prospect/ player... not saying he's as good as Cesc or anything but he had a very good loan spell at Real Zargoza, and has been a solid performer in the Spanish youth national teams...

Saying that doesn't mean he'll stick around at OT though...
if Rossi can't make it here who will? It will be interesting what happens to Pique, Johnny Evans, and Danny Simpson in the coming years... all are very promising defenders but can't get a [censored] game... it's pretty annoying and the only reason I'm pissed we're outta the milk cup.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty ignorant to say that Pique isn't a good prospect/ player...

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, that's is not what anyone is saying. The "Aresenal only kidnaps the good ones" line was to pile on about how PITTM was so indignant about how Arsenal "kidnapped" Cese and Fran. Unfortunately, Man U. has participated in the same tactics.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so anyway, back to the football...........

[/ QUOTE ]