Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't think your Final Fantasy analogy was so far off base...

I used to administer one of those online fantasy multiplayer games... and multiaccounting was one of the big problems that had to be accounted for. There was always a group (usually teenagers but sometimes college guys... same dorm or computer lab) that had to find every single loophole they could to gain an advantage... usually doing it while logged on en masse.

I certainly don't think it's a stretch to think this same mentality could exist in the online poker realm.

I know a lot of these guys have made a transition from these types of games to poker. Heck in some sense I view moving up in stakes equivalent to "leveling" in that fantasy realm... it's all a big game... but the big difference is in the online poker realm you can actually make $$$ while you're doing it.

-G
Old 10-05-2007, 04:29 PM

somebody make a new thread and lock this one if there is some real updates.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
somebody make a new thread and lock this one if there is some real updates.

[/ QUOTE ]
Check the NVG thread.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't think your Final Fantasy analogy was so far off base...

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, FF wasn't played for money back in the console day, but I get what you're saying. Then again, I was always the guy helping all of my friends out, so frankly, I'm 100% behind anything that gets us to one player to a hand, because I think I'm good enough that it affects other people's game more than my own.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I don't have a problem observing everyone else in the process of learning this for themselves.
You can impart all the wisdom in the world to somebody, but it really means nothing to them until they experience it for themself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this and that's exactly my point. I don't understand why you do tried to impart wisdom to Nath instead of just letting him learn for himself. I'm just confused by your double standard, but I understand complex points like this one are hard to discuss in an internet board, probably we are in the same page and if we had the chance to talk in person, our impressions would be different.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:49 AM

This thread is [censored] retarded, people have derailed this thread to the max, why can't we hold a discussion that is on topic 1 time? Why does everybody's outside conflict come into play everytime we try to have a discussion about 1 particular issue, this thread is the crux of what is wrong with the online poker community as a whole. People decide it is their time to discuss their own issues instead of allowing the crux of the thread to develop, if people had stayed on topic and not let the thread derail to such an extent maybe we would have an answer from the PokerStars Crew, because truly that is all that is important, that they acknowledge this thread. Nothing that any of you say is as important as this, and from the tone and respect in this thread pertains they have no reason to respond. You guys have taken this thread to an extreme that if PokerStars responds they will have tarnished their reputation, shame on all of you. If it was up to me this thread would be locked and a new thread would be created by the moderators so the PokerStars crew could respond, and nobody else would be allowed to pipe their opinion.
Everybody in this thread is so vocal 1 way or another, but none of you exude any professionalism, it sounds like bickering among a kindergarten, maybe if we presented our views in a professional and courtious manner PokerStars would take it upon themselves to give us a fair and honest reply.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everybody in this thread is so vocal 1 way or another, but none of you exude any professionalism, it sounds like bickering among a kindergarten, maybe if we presented our views in a professional and courtious manner PokerStars would take it upon themselves to give us a fair and honest reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, I fart in your general direction.

MS Sunshine