Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 10:59 PM

Default First Post/Question

Hello all. I just have a quick question. What is the best way to build my bankroll at the Pstars micro 1.20 SNGs...the single or the multitable tables. I'm not a big fan of the micro turbos but would also like some feedback on those.

BTW kudos to Gus Hansen for the plug of 2p2 on POD last week that brought me here
Old 09-26-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: First Post/Question

i think that single table sngs are a lot easier to build a bankroll at that level. i don't reccomend playing turbos, i've played many of them and have got addicted to them, regular sngs require more skill than turbos do
Old 09-26-2007, 01:45 AM

The general view on turbos is that you win more money per tournament if you play regular tournaments, but more money per hour if you play turbos. This is not universally true, but it is a reason to consider playing turbos. Be careful that playing nothing but turbos may stunt your growth, since it is a particularly simple form of poker.

In general, you need a larger bankroll to be safe playing multiple table SNGs, or multitable tournaments, than you do when playing single table SNGs. While experts should win more per tournament, the variance is greater. Multiple table tournaments also take longer on average. This doesn't mean they are a bad idea, particularly when you have a safe bankroll for both.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:18 AM

Notice that the cost of these turbos is $1+$0.20. This means there is a 20% rake. If you can find a %10 rake, you would be much better off something like $3+$0.30.

The best rake I have seen is the ten player turbo SnG on Pokerstars at $16+$1.

When playing poker, don't ever forget the rake. It is a directly proportional cost to you and your bankroll.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback fellas.