Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2007, 12:16 PM

Default I sweep, I sweep

So I got back into golf this summer. Took a couple of lessons, played a lot. At this point, my biggest swing fault is that I sort of sweep the ball, rather than keeping the club back on my downswing and snapping it through.

I bought new clubs last week and during the fitting the guy told me that I had a big shoulder turn but pretty low club head speed--basically my arms and body don't work together well. My club head speeds were 90ish MPH with the driver, 69-72 with a 6 iron.

I hit my driver 220-230ish, sometimes up to 250 if I really grab one. 4iron 175ish, 7 iron 145ish. I find that I get very little distance out of wedges though, and I figure sweeping the ball prob has a lot to do with it. I think that as I move down in the bag I'm getting less and less distance out of my clubs.

Boys, I seek guidance for drills, tips, etc. At this point in the season (one month left of reg playing) I'm happy with the improvements I've made on other aspects of my swing. But fixing this problem and getting more consistent distance out of my irons is something I'd like to have going next summer.