Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Clinton-Obama

Comment from Castro on CNN today: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...et-invincible/

A number of articles have been written about this in the past: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/ar...1211/11gop.htm

So, two questions.

1: How realistic is a Clinton-Obama ticket?

2: What are the chances of winning if the ticket is Clinton-Obama vs. Clinton-[white male] vs Obama-[white male]? Rate them in order of how likely each would be to win the White House.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Clinton-Obama

what about Obama-Clinton? is Hilary that big a favorite at this point that that's a crazy idea?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about Obama-Clinton? is Hilary that big a favorite at this point that that's a crazy idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hillary has already been in the white house in a ceremonial/advisory capacity, i don't think she'd want to do that again.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:35 PM

Hillary has it locked up. I actually see Edwards as more of a threat to Hillary than Obama.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:29 PM

1. How realisitic? not a chance. Clinton has already unleashed her dogs on Obama, there is no way she can possibly be on the same ticket w/o being ripped apart by the republicans.

2. I dont know

I did like the comment from that CNN article:

There you have it folks a vote for Clinton/Obama is a vote for communism.

Personally, in the next few months when hillary really starts tearing Obama apart, he will no longer be a viable candidate at all anymore, she is going to be doing the job for the republicans imo.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. How realisitic? not a chance. Clinton has already unleashed her dogs on Obama, there is no way she can possibly be on the same ticket w/o being ripped apart by the republicans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree. Candidates unleash the dogs on each other all the time in primaries and then kiss and make up for the general election. You must not be old enough to remember George Bush calling Reagan's supply side economic plan "voodoo economics."
Old 08-28-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree. Candidates unleash the dogs on each other all the time in primaries and then kiss and make up for the general election. You must not be old enough to remember George Bush calling Reagan's supply side economic plan "voodoo economics."

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not, I think that in todays media enviroment, things like that are no longer possible. you cant get away with any inconsisttencies or slip-ups anymore, becuase people will constantly be reminded of them.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that in todays media enviroment...you cant get away with any inconsisttencies or slip-ups anymore, becuase people will constantly be reminded of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
how do you explain the iraq war? in fact, w.'s entire presidency?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that in todays media enviroment...you cant get away with any inconsisttencies or slip-ups anymore, becuase people will constantly be reminded of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
how do you explain the iraq war? in fact, w.'s entire presidency?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that the democrats dont know how to run a good campaign, and that Kerry lost the vote because of the constant bringing up of the issue of swift boats, and flip-flopping, Howard Dean lost for simply getting too excited, and being mocked mercilessly. The Republicans are light years ahead of running smart campaigns.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not, I think that in todays media enviroment, things like that are no longer possible. you cant get away with any inconsisttencies or slip-ups anymore, becuase people will constantly be reminded of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the actual administration it's a perfect example about how in todays media environment, you can get away with ..... anything?
People doesn't really care, they're busy with American Idol or the last sex-murder-whatever scandal; but they do feel pretty patriotic when they do vote.

To OP: I like more an Obama - White Male ticket than an Obama - Hillary.