Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread

then, you should seriously listen to what the 'board cops' are saying
Old 09-23-2007, 02:45 PM

also

assani,
you should be flattered that so many are chiming in on your threads. Most of the guys who really know something hardly ever acknowledge anyone new.

You seem like you could be very successful at sports betting. You have a passion for the sport. You like being 'correct.' You have an attention to detail. Most importantly, you seem willing to commit lots of time (i've seen your poker grinding).

good luck

I expect you to know more than me about this gig by the end of the season.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:58 AM

and MT2R gets credit for the threadsave
Old 09-24-2007, 02:14 AM

ty...tough luck week for Assani...1-1-1 by my count with a brutal push on the Jets as the Dolphins backdoor 15 points late in the 4th to only lose by 3

looked like he had an edge on this weeks bet, but it didn't pan out
Old 09-24-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also

assani,
you should be flattered that so many are chiming in on your threads. Most of the guys who really know something hardly ever acknowledge anyone new.

You seem like you could be very successful at sports betting. You have a passion for the sport. You like being 'correct.' You have an attention to detail. Most importantly, you seem willing to commit lots of time (i've seen your poker grinding).

good luck

I expect you to know more than me about this gig by the end of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

MT2R,

Thank you very much for all of your comments. Please know that I never ever intended to turn down any honest advice or suggestions, and I apologize if I ever came across that way. What I was reacting against were the comments that basically said "I didn't like your thread last year. You suck." I feel as if any legit criticisms, ESPECIALLY CRITICISMS REGARDING MY ACTUAL FOOTBALL PICKS, have been taken very positively from me and I'll continue to do so.

I would love to be successful at this, but I realize that its a long journey. I'm hopeful to be a moderate winner by the end of the year in NFL betting.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ty...tough luck week for Assani...1-1-1 by my count with a brutal push on the Jets as the Dolphins backdoor 15 points late in the 4th to only lose by 3

looked like he had an edge on this weeks bet, but it didn't pan out

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was rough. I havn't had a chance to fully review the games in depth yet, but I will post my week 3 reflections and analysis sometime around Tuesday.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:00 PM

YTD: 4-1-1 is good so far
Old 09-24-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YTD: 4-1-1 is good so far

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're trying to give me a legit compliment, then I appriciate it and I'm sorry for the rest of this post.

If you're trying to goad me into an argument about how I'm 7-1 on the year but just didn't post the first 3, then please stop now. This thread has had enough stupid arguments, and posts that only try to incite petty arguments bring down the quality of the forum. We've already discussed this issue and I've moved on. I will continue to include those 3 picks in my record because they really did happen and I'm being 100% accurate this year. However, I will continue to note in the OP that I didn't post those and leave it up to all of the readers if they wish to believe me or not. I will never be dishonest about me having not posted them.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 PM

Assani,

No disrespect intended here. But let me make this easier on you.

You're 4-1-1 on the year. Any attempts to include those games in your official record will be edited out.

You're free to disclaim them the other way -- track them everywhere but your record (i.e. exclude them in both your win/loss total and your total units +/-). You're free to note in the OP a reference them outside your record keeping so people can see what games you theoretically picked in week one if you want.

or if you really want, track two sets of numbers - an official set of numbers which do not include the non-posted picks, and an unofficial set of numbers which do. clearly disclaim and label each set. that's a compromise i'm willing to allow.

Go back and re-read my earlier post in the thread. I know you think you're getting some sort of value out of including them in your record. You're not. It's actually having a negative effect, in that its hurting your credibility and its causing you to lose focus.

Focus on what matters. That's not those week one games that you didn't include.

Be the bigger man here and take the high road. It's just coincidental that the high road in this case happens to be the correct one (even though I understand you don't see it as the correct road to take -- listen to the feedback, it is).

-P
Old 09-24-2007, 11:39 PM

Performify, I'll do you one better and I will never even mention my overall yearly record in this thread. I'll let my analysis stand on it's own, and let people debate that and not let a record with an obvious small sample size influence them.

When I post a list of games I've bet on, I will still list those 3 games in week 1 because, as I said earlier, I want people to get a view on what types of games I like to bet and such.