Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: HSNL [censored] THREAD NOVEMBER

[ QUOTE ]
yo someone give me a list of awesome restaurants to hit up in vegas

[/ QUOTE ]

Picasso at the Bellagio is awesome if you want the best, fanciest meal you've ever had. There are actual Picasso paintings on the walls, which has to be the classiest restaurant gimmick ever.

L'atelier Joel Robuchon at MGM is amazing French food in a fun environment. You can eat at a bar encircling the kitchen so you can watch (and smell!) your food being made.

Bartolotta Ristorante di Mare at the Wynn is another of my favorites. The theme here is traditional Italian seafood and they go all the way by flying in fresh Mediterranean seafood daily. If you love seafood you have to check this place out, the fish and shellfish on the menu have almost no overlap with what you normally eat on our side of the Atlantic.

Finally, if you want to get of the strip for a cheaper, more relaxed meal go to Lotus of Siam. Its only like 5-10 min from the strip, definitely doable by cab. This place has been rated the best Thai restaurant in North America by some people. I can only say its the best I've ever been to. They make everything you expect from a Thai place exceptionally well, but if you're feeling adventurous try something from their Northern Thai menu. Its hard to describe the Northern Thai food. Similar spices but less coconut milk and drier preparations in general. Its really good, try it. They ask how hot you want things on a 1-10 scale. If you're like me and always ordering things extra hot and being disappointed in the lack of heat at your local chinese place, 8 on this scale will still blow you away.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please go to Cafe martorano at the rio and have the tasting menu. Trust me on this one, it will be one of the best meals you've had.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? the advertising for that place throughout the WSOP totally turned me off to it.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

Nobu >>>>> Shintaro.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've only been to the nobu at atlantis but if vegas nobu is similar this is definitely correct

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like the exact same thing, but with a lot less conch on the menu.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one thinks it's a problem that general consensus is forming that the best thing to do while taking a break from staring at your screen playing poker all day is to stare at your screen watching tv all day?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, im too add, so id rather play video games than watch tv alot of the time. unless its really late, then ill just pop in something pretty in HD to watch.

but yeah, going outside and reading a book>>>> video games after a session.

[/ QUOTE ]

normally after a long session my brain is too stimulated to just slow down enough to read a book. i end upjust mindlessly reading the words and not absorbing anything so after a session i just drink some scotch and zone out in front of the t.v. for a half hour or so then either go to sleep or go to the gym/go to a coffee shop and read. but reading immediately is just not doable.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah same here. end session, light up, relax, then read after if its nice out.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one thinks it's a problem that general consensus is forming that the best thing to do while taking a break from staring at your screen playing poker all day is to stare at your screen watching tv all day?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, im too add, so id rather play video games than watch tv alot of the time. unless its really late, then ill just pop in something pretty in HD to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

normally after a long session my brain is too stimulated to just slow down enough to read a book. i end upjust mindlessly reading the words and not absorbing anything so after a session i just drink some scotch and zone out in front of the t.v. for a half hour or so then either go to sleep or go to the gym/go to a coffee shop and read. but reading immediately is just not doable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess when your sessions are only half an hour long like mine this doesn't happen to you
Old 11-29-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Picasso at the Bellagio is awesome if you want the best, fanciest meal you've ever had. There are actual Picasso paintings on the walls, which has to be the classiest restaurant gimmick ever.

L'atelier Joel Robuchon at MGM is amazing French food in a fun environment. You can eat at a bar encircling the kitchen so you can watch (and smell!) your food being made.

Bartolotta Ristorante di Mare at the Wynn is another of my favorites. The theme here is traditional Italian seafood and they go all the way by flying in fresh Mediterranean seafood daily. If you love seafood you have to check this place out, the fish and shellfish on the menu have almost no overlap with what you normally eat on our side of the Atlantic.

Finally, if you want to get of the strip for a cheaper, more relaxed meal go to Lotus of Siam. Its only like 5-10 min from the strip, definitely doable by cab. This place has been rated the best Thai restaurant in North America by some people. I can only say its the best I've ever been to. They make everything you expect from a Thai place exceptionally well, but if you're feeling adventurous try something from their Northern Thai menu. Its hard to describe the Northern Thai food. Similar spices but less coconut milk and drier preparations in general. Its really good, try it. They ask how hot you want things on a 1-10 scale. If you're like me and always ordering things extra hot and being disappointed in the lack of heat at your local chinese place, 8 on this scale will still blow you away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn Ike you eat well. I would also add N9ne or Alize at the Palms for good food + female scenery, I love sitting out back at the Country Club Grill at the Wynn by the fountain/golf course, super relaxing, and I like Mesa Grill for lunch but not so much for dinner.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-29-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

strongly agree. which reminds me of something i was discussing with a friend recently. what percentage of HSNL drinks/smokes immediately after finishing a session most of the time?
edit: watching tv should probably reside in the shut-your-brain-off-with-drugs category too
Old 11-29-2007, 11:49 PM

what smoking are we talking about here?

i probably smoke equally before, during, and after sessions.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:10 AM

if I have a big loss I can't concentrate on anything and usually watch tv. if I could buy alcohol or didn't live in a dorm I would probably drink or smoke weed

I don't smoke cigs regularly but the few times I have before a sesh I play much better, same with blunts
Old 11-30-2007, 12:15 AM

A BJ after a bad session usually cheer me up.